BOO-HOO Deace

Status
Not open for further replies.
His response is myopic and childish. A two loss team isn't getting into the playoffs. It does not matter that Michigan blew out PSU. It does not matter. Cry me a river, build a bridge and get over it. 2 losses.

BTW, I like Michigan and I think they are better than WI and PSU. But you gotta win those games.

His response is myopic and childish. A two loss team isn't getting into the playoffs. It does not matter that Michigan blew out PSU. It does not matter. Cry me a river, build a bridge and get over it. 2 losses.

BTW, I like Michigan and I think they are better than WI and PSU. But you gotta win those games.

I think Iowa screwed Michigan over. Feels gooooooood!

I continued listening, Dace said he was fine with the 4 in the playoffs. SO his beef is the game in the 'shoe, officiating and BTN commentators.

Deace is being a HUGE baby and is basically being what he claims he never is. It is a total conspiracy theory anyway. He doesn't have a beef about specific calls, just that OSU didn't get flag for holds during the game???? WTF is that about??

The funny thing is Meeechegan fan has been getting these calls forever now.....flip the script one time and poor little Meeeeshegan fan cries like a baby and takes his ball and goes home.

I continued listening, Dace said he was fine with the 4 in the playoffs. SO his beef is the game in the 'shoe, officiating and BTN commentators.
Yes and he also thinks the Orange Bowl is a slight. Deace thought it should have been the Rose Bowl for Michigan.

I do think Michigan is better than PSU, but his reaction and behavior in the beginning of the podcast was both very childish and unprofessional. I think he just may be embarrassed by his prognostication and definitely disappointed in where his team ended up.

It was really lame that he didn't even watch the games last weekend. If you're going to be a baby about it just tell Jon you soiled your diapers and won't be talking to him this week and then Jon can discuss it with Rob or someone who would have something intelligent to say.

Yeah I get his beef. Why on earth were there refs from Ohio in that game? Because there aren't any other BIG refs that aren't? Come on. And Deace had some points it wasn't just the last spot play that was questionable. They called no holding calls on OSU. Not one yet Michigan had 8 sacks on Barrett. So an O line that gives up that many sacks never ever holds because they are just that good? That doesn't pass the smell test. On that big conversion where OSUs player ran sideline to sideline there was obvious holding all over that wasn't called. Look put a Herky on their helmets and we'd be saying the same things Deace was it was bad.
That said PSU has the bigger gripe about not getting in than Michigan does. It's just funny how the committee says conference championships matter...Unless your OSU or Alabama basically... Didn't Bama get in a yr or so ago after not winning the SEC? So needless to say the system isn't perfect. To me this is why 8 teams is what's needed for the playoffs. You get the champions of each conference and 3 at larges whomever they end up being. Nobody gets shut out and the arguments over who gets left out are over the 9th/10th teams instead of 5th and 6th like now. I still think that'll happen just might be awhile yet..

If we're going to bash him, then let's be intellectually honest about it....

First off, yes, he came off as a typical "blueblood" fan that doesn't care about any result other than a conference championship/CFP spot. And he was a pretty whiny baby about it.

However, if you bother listening to the podcast, he wasn't crying because he thought Michigan should have been selected for the CFP....he believes that the correct 4 teams, as things ended up, are in there. He was whining because he thought Michigan should have been the one playing Wisky for the championship, not PSU. So to him, the entire championship game was a "farce". Which is complete bullshit because that's how things go. Iowa should have had an add'l B1G championship in 2005 if it weren't for the hatchet job from Witvoet and his crew (and Witvoet, by the way, was never shy about where his rooting interests lay based on his office being adorned with Michigan memorabilia). And Deace's blasé attitude towards the Orange Bowl is bullshit as well because, until Harbaugh came along, Michigan hadn't done shit in 10 years.

Overall, he was an annoying little baby for 40 mins....but like I said earlier, let's bash him, but be honest about it as well....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts