Bold Prediction: Jack Nunge

If Tyler Cook is a second round choice in the NBA draft or isn't drafted at all, I can see Nunge taking up the slack.

Blocked Shots

I think Wieskamp leads in pretty much all other statistical categories except assists.

Blocked Shots

I think Wieskamp leads in pretty much all other statistical categories except assists.
Joe would definitely be a sleeper pick for rebound leader because of the minutes he will get and being a pretty good rebounder for his position. I still think one of the bigs get it and I’m thinking it will be Nunge.

It's a bold prediction to be certain. If it comes true it means Iowa likely had a really good season and replaced cook quickly

A really bold prediction is Nunge will leave for the NBA after next season. I think he is going to be pretty good. He started a lot of games as a true freshman.

A really bold prediction is Nunge will leave for the NBA after next season. I think he is going to be pretty good. He started a lot of games as a true freshman.

I'm really high on Nunge's potential, but I don't think he's leaving for at least 2 seasons. I'd be willing to predict junior year Kaminsky numbers though. 14 points 6 rebounds and 2 blocks in 25 minutes per game sounds about right.

His freshman stats were ok at least on offense. If you project his stats out to 30 minutes he was around 11 points, 6 rebounds. 33% from 3 and .8 blocks.

He did taper off as big ten season hit though and his body couldn't hang and he seemed out of position a lot. Hopefully 25 pounds of muscle can change all that.

I carry 25 pounds of muscle....in my pants.

I like tyler I wish him all the luck in world. on the other hand I think iowa will be better next year with nunge cordell pat m and joe t. this years team tyler was not the star it was joe w look at his game

Cook left because he knew he wasnt going to be coached to a higher level.

My prediction. Nunge will get a maturity bump and plateau or go backwards somewhat in later years.

Cook left because he knew he wasnt going to be coached to a higher level.

My prediction. Nunge will get a maturity bump and plateau or go backwards somewhat in later years.

Yep, I don't see a guy who redshirts because he knows he isn't "there" yet, all of a sudden is the best player on the team. I'd be stoked if that was the case, but I don't see it.

Yep, I don't see a guy who redshirts because he knows he isn't "there" yet, all of a sudden is the best player on the team. I'd be stoked if that was the case, but I don't see it.
Who said anything about best player on the team? I just think he will provide a little rim protection and quality defenses the 4 spot. He will be a step down offensively for sure.

His freshman stats were ok at least on offense. If you project his stats out to 30 minutes he was around 11 points, 6 rebounds. 33% from 3 and .8 blocks.

He did taper off as big ten season hit though and his body couldn't hang and he seemed out of position a lot. Hopefully 25 pounds of muscle can change all that.

I carry 25 pounds of muscle....in my pants.

Got them thunder thighs eh?

I think of Nunge working in combination with Pemsl.

Other than defense rating @NikeHawk21 isn’t really going out on a ledge here. The other 2 categories he should be up there with Garza just by the minutes he will likely be getting.

Who said anything about best player on the team? I just think he will provide a little rim protection and quality defenses the 4 spot. He will be a step down offensively for sure.

I hope you are right, we don't need post players who are even worse than Garza and Kriener defensively.