Bok Bok Huskers

NorthKCHawk

Tons of stories going around that the Huskers are trying to get out of their game at Norman this year. They claim it is a revenue issue, but we all know they know they will get their asses handed to them, and they would rather beat a cupcake team at home. This is Frost trying to save his job by getting to 6 wins next season. What a bunch of hypocritic cowards.

Just when you think things cannot get any more pathetic in Lincoln. They are seriously a national joke.

You know what...they should schedule Troy...wait...Troy beat them last time. They should schedule Colorado...wait...Colorado beat them too.

Man...year 4 of the Scott Frost era is upon us, and he's 11-20 through three years. Think about that for a moment. That's one more loss than Mike Riley had. LOL. Although you can't really count the first two years because those are with Riley's poor attitude players.

This douche won't accept responsibility for anything. At this rate...he will need to coach 7-8 years at Nebraska to get to even. Compare this to Kirk Ferentz, who won a B10 title in year three after taking on a program in decline.

NEWSFLASH: NEBRASKA IS NO LONGER A FOOTBALL SCHOOL
They've been a wrestling school for the past five years now and NOTHING will change this for them anytime soon.
Gotta love the pathetic NebbyFan still livin' in the 90's jerkin-it to his OrangeBowl VCR tapes

NEWSFLASH: NEBRASKA IS NO LONGER A FOOTBALL SCHOOL
They've been a wrestling school for the past five years now and NOTHING will change this for them anytime soon.
Gotta love the pathetic NebbyFan still livin' in the 90's jerkin-it to his OrangeBowl VCR tapes

haha, Nebby is actually known now as a women's volleyball school

Think about that for a moment

Although it would suck to see ISU return to basketball credibility...I hope Fred Hoiberg leaves Nebraska for Iowa State if they fire their coach.

Hoiberg had Nebraska light years ahead of where they started the year. He's got a really good recruiting class coming in too. To have him leave and take his recruits...well...that would be special.

Ok...this rumor is confirmed. Nebraska did try to back out against Oklahoma and they were looking for a replacement game at home. LOL. They had to admit it.

This is so pathetic. Moos and Frost should watch that ridiculous press conference 3 years ago where they exclaimed "Nebraska is going to be back among the blue blood programs in a few years, maybe this year...we want to win now." Well...you are 11-20 in that timeframe...you've lost 6 straight to Iowa...and you are now trying to back out of games so you don't get your ass kicked in. Plus...you've identified why you are losing...it's because people are clapping on the sidelines. LMFAO.

If it wasn't so 21st Century Nebraska...I wouldn't believe it. Can you imagine Kirk Ferentz backing out of a scheduled game because he feared getting his ass kicked. Thank god that's not in our program DNA. Big Pharma is going to need to develop a vaccine for neighboring states because this "chicken virus" appears to be spreading quickly from Lincoln.

How Bill Moos still has a job is beyond me. I know he is a really nice guy and the boosters love him, but his MBB remains a joke even after throwing big bucks at a coach, and his football hire has had 3.5 years and can't seem to change the "culture" that existed from the last coach (even though there are like 5 leftover players at this point).

The best part is the shifting standard. Nebbie for years blasted Iowa for accepting 8 win seasons as acceptable. But, I am told that Frost just has to go .500 and sneak into a bowl this year to stick around. In year 4.....

Say what you want about Barta, but the results on the field/court/mat speak for themselves right now.

How Bill Moos still has a job is beyond me. I know he is a really nice guy and the boosters love him, but his MBB remains a joke even after throwing big bucks at a coach, and his football hire has had 3.5 years and can't seem to change the "culture" that existed from the last coach (even though there are like 5 leftover players at this point).
Moos and Frost ain't going anywhere. Who would they get to replace them after they've gone full dumpster fire mode? nebraska's picks from the litter are getting fewer and fewer every year.

Say what you want about Barta, but the results on the field/court/mat speak for themselves right now.
Barta isn't even reotely part the reason for Iowa's successes. That's like saying a security guard was responsible for preventing a bank robbery when no one tried to rob it in the first place.

Wrestling? He lucked into having the 2 best head coaches in the United States, both Iowa alumni, both with international championships and Olympic medals, one with Team USA head coaching experience, both wanting to come coach here. A 2 year old could make that hire.

Football? Gimme a break. The reason we had the successes we've had is because of the stability of two football coaches in the last 41 years, and recruiters who find hidden talent, none of whom were hired by Farta. Woods, Parker, Morgan, and so on might be under Barta on paper, but we know who really found them and hired them.

Basketball? Nope. If you think Gary Barta is out there finding basketball coaches on his own and making hires I don't know what to tell you. Iowa is like every other big sports program...the major donors influence that stuff and their money is what decides who gets the job. Which is why nebraska is in the shit sandwich they're in. Because their big donors are all old money from the 70s and 80s who want the glory days back and throw money at the program like complete idiots and can't see the forest for the trees.

You want an example of an AD who's in charge of his sports programs and calls shots? Barry Alvarez. He's got experience playing and coaching, and he knows what it takes to have success so he and his donor base know how to get it done. Farta is just another Fredo from The Godfather who walks around fucking everything up...but people keep tolerating him because somebody has to go to I-Club events and he's a good one to go on camera and be the whipping boy when things go south.

Can you imagine Kirk Ferentz backing out of a scheduled game because he feared getting his ass kicked. Thank god that's not in our program DNA. Big Pharma is going to need to develop a vaccine for neighboring states because this "chicken virus" appears to be spreading quickly from Lincoln.
No, I can't imagine Ferentz backing out, but I also can't imagine him agreeing to play a really top level program in September, either. Braska still tries to schedule someone who is relevant or looks like they might try to be relevant in non-con every once in awhile. I think they've had Oregon, The U, maybe USC and now Oklahoma. Obviously Ferentz ain't gonna do that with the 9 game conference schedule and ISU, but I give Braska credit for at least scheduling teams that look like decent teams at the time the games get scheduled rather than Middle Tennessee or Ball State.

Moos and Frost ain't going anywhere. Who would they get to replace them after they've gone full dumpster fire mode? nebraska's picks from the litter are getting fewer and fewer every year.

Barta isn't even reotely part the reason for Iowa's successes. That's like saying a security guard was responsible for preventing a bank robbery when no one tried to rob it in the first place.

Wrestling? He lucked into having the 2 best head coaches in the United States, both Iowa alumni, both with international championships and Olympic medals, one with Team USA head coaching experience, both wanting to come coach here. A 2 year old could make that hire.

Football? Gimme a break. The reason we had the successes we've had is because of the stability of two football coaches in the last 41 years, and recruiters who find hidden talent, none of whom were hired by Farta. Woods, Parker, Morgan, and so on might be under Barta on paper, but we know who really found them and hired them.

Basketball? Nope. If you think Gary Barta is out there finding basketball coaches on his own and making hires I don't know what to tell you. Iowa is like every other big sports program...the major donors influence that stuff and their money is what decides who gets the job. Which is why nebraska is in the shit sandwich they're in. Because their big donors are all old money from the 70s and 80s who want the glory days back and throw money at the program like complete idiots and can't see the forest for the trees.

You want an example of an AD who's in charge of his sports programs and calls shots? Barry Alvarez. He's got experience playing and coaching, and he knows what it takes to have success so he and his donor base know how to get it done. Farta is just another Fredo from The Godfather who walks around fucking everything up...but people keep tolerating him because somebody has to go to I-Club events and he's a good one to go on camera and be the whipping boy when things go south.
Disagree. He is in charge of the athletic department. Every coach works directly for Barta and all can be hired and fired by Barta. Our three biggest sports are all doing incredibly well. I never suggested Barta was coaching or recruiting, but to liken him to a security guard is just silly.

I will give credit to the admiral of the fleet even though the captains are the ones executing. That is true when things are going well, and I expect accountability when they are not. That is why I do not see how Moos is not on the hot seat. That athletic department is a mess at Nebbie.

Thanks for the update on Barta. Oh, wait. Never mind. I think I can see the spit exiting your mouth as you read your post out loud. We all know what conclusions you have reached on the AD. Put it up on a “sticky” so you don’t have to re-type your Barta posts.

No, I can't imagine Ferentz backing out, but I also can't imagine him agreeing to play a really top level program in September, either. Braska still tries to schedule someone who is relevant or looks like they might try to be relevant in non-con every once in awhile. I think they've had Oregon, The U, maybe USC and now Oklahoma. Obviously Ferentz ain't gonna do that with the 9 game conference schedule and ISU, but I give Braska credit for at least scheduling teams that look like decent teams at the time the games get scheduled rather than Middle Tennessee or Ball State.
It would be interesting to see what we would do without Iowa State on our schedule. I remember the home and home with Arizona in 2009/2010...but now with ISU on the upswing...you have to be careful as you don't get a chance to test your legs if you play two good teams early.

There is no doubt that KF wants a few cupcakes to get his guys some confidence and work out the kinks, typically on the OL, etc. Iowa definitely gets better after they have some film to break down.

Before you get all high and mighty about Nebbies early schedule...they aren't exactly playing the Steelers either. Ball State, Troy, Colorado, Northern Illinois...etc. Granted...they took on Oklahoma when Riley was blowing smoke up the willing Cornholes. That hole has now closed and at least reality is setting in for a select few...like anyone with a brain.

Thanks for the update on Barta. Oh, wait. Never mind. I think I can see the spit exiting your mouth as you read your post out loud. We all know what conclusions you have reached on the AD. Put it up on a “sticky” so you don’t have to re-type your Barta posts.
Only if I can put up a sticky for your "Barta for sainthood" posts. But then they'd just cancel each other out.

So...no. I don't think I will.

LOL.

Flat Earth member?
You aren't rational or objective about Barta. But you do elicit a ton of responses. Oh, I forgot; that is your job.

Well done. You are good at what you do. I hope you are getting compensated for all of this tireless work.

I agree with NorthKCHawk so I guess I'm another flat earth member, whatever the hell that means. LOL

Latest posts