Bohannon and Washpun

It's pretty useless to say, "oh if we had UNI's guards, blah blah blah" because you're talking about what Fran has now being the 11th best guard court in the BoneG to going to the 10th best guard court in the BoneG with UNI's guards.

Ellingson is a good shooter who can probably do the same thing Lohaus does. The thing with these kids like Lohaus is, they want to stick to the big boys who never gave them a chance. Iowa overlooked Lahaus and he along with Bohannon and Washpun wanted to make a statement. Even then, 54 points for UNI isn't to much to brag about either.

So you think UNI had two points to brag about? The score was 56-44. Would you like to brag about your 44?

This is over-reaction Saturday. UNI would be a tad better than us in the B1G but that is not saying much. This team would fail nearly as bad against better, more athletic competition. If VCU is suddenly the standard bearer of college basketball I would like to know about it. They also make the tourney because they can do well in a non Power-5 league.

Here is a better question if you think UNI is so loaded with talent. Who on their team starts at ISU? That is right, NO ONE. ISU is much closer to a league champion and Final four team than these guys. That is real talent.

Also keep in mind Fran offered Washpun and he turned us down. Keep in mind he did not make it at Tennessee and that is the reason he is at UNI.

Our suckiness makes UNI look average. 56 pts on 6-18 from 3 and 45% from the floor and suddenly we need to start battling them for recruits? Right!

I think you need to do something different. You scored 44 points against players from Iowa. You are going after the wrong Iowa kids. How does a 7 footer only get 5 points against a 6' 8" player?

I am not impressed with the talent level at UNI. It is going to work because they play in the MVC against one marquee team in Wichita St. We have been really, really bad most of this year especially on offense. They scored a whopping 56 pts.

I am much more impressed with ISU.

You got a whopping 44. You guys suck and you need to face it.

Exactly, the rumor behind the Genesis of the big four classic was Fran's dislike of the so called homerism occuring in Cedar Falls. Well guess what Fran, UNI rolled that *** on a neutral court tonight with 5+ Iowa kids on the roster, UNI and ISU are the premier basketball programs in the state and its going to be that way for a long time...

Let's no go overboard as UNI would get rolled by ISU. The talent difference between ISU and UNI/Iowa is striking. ISU is hands down the best team and it is embarrassing to put UNI in their class because we stink.

I came away much less impressed with UNI. We did exactly what we did in the other 4 marquee games but somehow UNI has all of this awesome talent. That might have been the most winnable of the 5 games. UNC actually shot more ridiculously bad than we did one night. UNI scored a tremendous 56 points on 45% shooting and 33% from 3. They were out rebounded by 10. Hardly stat lines that indicate total dominance. We were completely inept for an entire half again is what happened.

They are going to have a great season because the MVC stinks outside of Wichita St.

If the answer is to lust for their talent then we are doomed for eternity.

Let's no go overboard as UNI would get rolled by ISU. The talent difference between ISU and UNI/Iowa is striking. ISU is hands down the best team and it is embarrassing to put UNI in their class because we stink.

I came away much less impressed with UNI. We did exactly what we did in the other 4 marquee games but somehow UNI has all of this awesome talent. That might have been the most winnable of the 5 games. UNC actually shot more ridiculously bad than we did one night. UNI scored a tremendous 56 points on 45% shooting and 33% from 3. They were out rebounded by 10. Hardly stat lines that indicate total dominance. We were completely inept for an entire half again is what happened.

They are going to have a great season because the MVC stinks outside of Wichita St.

If the answer is to lust for their talent then we are doomed for eternity.

You are doomed for eternity you got that right.

Iowas Guards combined for........

5 of 21 shooting (24%)
2-8 3 pt shooting (25%)
7 Turnovers
5 Assists

UNI's guards combined for......
14-33 (42%)
6-16 3 pt shooting (38%)
6 Turnovers
6 assists

Our guards get dominated by Mid Major guards.....that is a complete and total FAIL in recruiting.

ISU is putting a semi-pro team on the court. Hired guns coming in from all over the place.
UNI is playing student athletes.
I'll take the UNI program, any day.

Then you just must not like watching good Basketball then. ISU if filled with players who can play the freaking game. They play a fun style, they play with energy, and they play with determination, and they have a coach who does it with class and style on the sidelines. ISU is gonna be a perennial sweet 16 team with Fred at the helm, and make an occasional run to the elite 8 or final 4 even.

Then you just must not like watching good Basketball then. ISU if filled with players who can play the freaking game. They play a fun style, they play with energy, and they play with determination, and they have a coach who does it with class and style on the sidelines. ISU is gonna be a perennial sweet 16 team with Fred at the helm, and make an occasional run to the elite 8 or final 4 even.

They might be even better then last year...scary thought.

Iowa's program is a joke.
Washpun >> Gesell and Clemons
Bohannon >> Oglesby
Tuttle >> Woody
Morgan >> Jok

UNI would finish higher than Iowa in the B1G playing all Iowa players. Washpun, Buss, Lohas, Morgan, Tuttle, and Bohannon are better than any 6 players Iowa can put on the court at one time.

Well that didn't take long to find you bashing players

Iowas Guards combined for........

5 of 21 shooting (24%)
2-8 3 pt shooting (25%)
7 Turnovers
5 Assists

UNI's guards combined for......
14-33 (42%)
6-16 3 pt shooting (38%)
6 Turnovers
6 assists

Our guards get dominated by Mid Major guards.....that is a complete and total FAIL in recruiting.

Our guards get dominated by Mid Major guards.....that is a complete and total FAIL in recruiting

But don't worry, according to you Jordan Bohannon is the answer!

Well that didn't take long to find you bashing players

LOL, you will find a lot more bashing of Fran around this time. I actually still have lot of criticisms of Fran right now, I just don't like to go off the deep edge like I used to.

I said players were better than Iowa players, that isn't bashing them. I have issues with most players, as all players make mistake, etc. I try to give every player a fair shake before passing judgements on them, and as I have said countless times that being critical of someone is fine. I feel your posting about Jordan are bashing, they are non stop digs at him, and they started before he played a game.

Our guards get dominated by Mid Major guards.....that is a complete and total FAIL in recruiting

But don't worry, according to you Jordan Bohannon is the answer!

For the 100th time I have never sung Bohannon's praises. Just felt like you dumped on him before he played 1 minute in a Hawk uniform, and I said you should wait and see what he does.

As lightning has pointed out there are some real positives to his game. If you can't see them, that doesn't surprise me. He also has some decencies he will need to over come. Some are related to being a Fr. and others are related to his game personally.

LOL, you will find a lot more bashing of Fran around this time. I actually still have lot of criticisms of Fran right now, I just don't like to go off the deep edge like I used to.

I said players were better than Iowa players, that isn't bashing them. I have issues with most players, as all players make mistake, etc. I try to give every player a fair shake before passing judgements on them, and as I have said countless times that being critical of someone is fine. I feel your posting about Jordan are bashing, they are non stop digs at him, and they started before he played a game.

Because like you, I thought Fran had a complete and total FAIL in recruiting at the PG position this year and is putting Bohannon in a spot he shouldn't be in. He's a role player at best as a freshman in a major conference and now he's expected to play over 30 minutes per game

Because like you, I thought Fran had a complete and total FAIL in recruiting at the PG position this year and is putting Bohannon in a spot he shouldn't be in. He's a role player at best as a freshman in a major conference and now he's expected to play over 30 minutes per game

Then spend your time bashing Fran instead of Jordan. You found one post where I called some UNI players better than Iowa players, and I specifically said that was a failure in recruiting, not in Mike or Woody, or Pete, etc.

You also won't be able to find months of me bashing on these kids because I felt Fran should have recruited better.

For the 100th time I have never sung Bohannon's praises. Just felt like you dumped on him before he played 1 minute in a Hawk uniform, and I said you should wait and see what he does.

As lightning has pointed out there are some real positives to his game. If you can't see them, that doesn't surprise me. He also has some decencies he will need to over come. Some are related to being a Fr. and others are related to his game personally.

You just said this to me on Sunday

I like Mike, I thought he was a good PG. It took Mike 4 years to do what Jordan is doing 8 games into his career.....nearly 5 APG, pretty freaking impressive really for Jordan.

You just said this to me on Sunday

Um, ok. Is 5 APG not good? That is what Jordan is doing currently, it is what it is man. I didn't make any predictions before the season singing his praises saying he would get nearly 5 APG. If he does, that would be incredible for a Fr. if you ask me.

Latest posts