Bob Stoops

Status
Not open for further replies.

HawkeyezBull

Since this won't end until they burn it to the ground, and for some reason the world caves to the cancel culture instead of looking at people as true individuals and not by the color of their skin I'm going to call it now that Ferentz has coached his last game at Iowa.

What are the chances not that he has the time of getting the myth the man the legend that wants to be at Iowa all along; Bob Stoops for a quick 5-10 years. Really only way I see this ending with a positive outcome. Our name is garbage for recruiting now. I know, if I was another staff, I'd be dropping this point whenever I was recruiting for the same player as Iowa; it doesn't matter if it is all untrue. Perception is reality and it is going to get ugly fast.

Last edited:
Since this won't end until they burn it to the ground, and for some reason the world caves to the cancel culture instead of looking at people as true individuals and not by the color of their skin I'm going to call it now that Ferentz has coached his last game at Iowa.

What are the chances not that he has the time of getting the myth the man the legend that wants to be at Iowa all along; Bob Stoops for a quick 5-10 years. Really only way I see this ending with a positive outcome. Our name is garbage for recruiting now. I know, if I was another staff, I'd be dropping this point whenever I was recruiting for the same player as Iowa; it doesn't matter if it is all untrue. Perception is reality and it is going to get ugly fast.

KF a will survive this, the question is does he want to survive this. That’s the question! I think he does and will be committed to be better! Gonna be lots of tears this season when he is interviewed this season and they will be genuine because he is a guy who cares deeply for this program! I firmly believe What’s going on right now is crushing this mans heart.

KF a will survive this, the question is does he want to survive this. That’s the question! I think he does and will be committed to be better! Gonna be lots of tears this season when he is interviewed this season and they will be genuine because he is a guy who cares deeply for this program! I firmly believe What’s going on right now is crushing this mans heart.

What is surviving this, still getting paid and still being the head coach although recruiting suffers and the team falls to the bottom quarter of the B10 until he is asked to leave. While I totally disagree with it; this is the end of Iowa football as you know it, and that isn't a good thing

What is surviving this, still getting paid and still being the head coach although recruiting suffers and the team falls to the bottom quarter of the B10 until he is asked to leave. While I totally disagree with it; this is the end of Iowa football as you know it, and that isn't a good thing

End of Iowa football.. LMAO No it isn’t !!

In my mind the question of who survives comes down to who can and is willing to follow Ferentz's lead...and that includes his son. I'm going to assume that what's been said thus far by the head coach is basically true. By that I mean that his perception of the black athlete experience in the program was more positive than negative and that he really does want to listen and make changes if that's not true. We'll know for sure if he continues to stay humble through this and stands in front of the harsh criticism.

Because that's what it will take. From everybody. My perception from the outside is that Ferentz is a person who can do that. But there are a lot of people in this world who will chafe against humility, criticism, and the idea that they need to change. If there is a real push for change in the program those things will be asked of everyone. And that will clarify who stays and who doesn't pretty quickly.

If Barta survives this, KF will survive this. And KF wants to survive this or his sons career is over.

KF needs to find a really good PR company. He needs to really think about the tough questions that will be coming and be ready to answer them. He really hasnt faced that yet. But it has started and he has come off not great.

This is going to be an awful tough time ahead. Will there be protests everywhere Iowa travels and will that get in the players heads? Have the players lost respect for the leadership? Will KF really let the players speak out or is that lip service?

This program is going to go through some fundamental changes and that will happen regardless of who is in charge.

I don’t see the sky falling on the Iowa program. The challenge has presented itself certainly but it could take the course of being viewed as making positive changes which is wanted. There is an opportunity for Iowa to show the way to others. Yes, if not handled well it will move in another direction.

Let’s wait and see how things play out. I think we’ll all be able to see the signs one way or another through possible player departures, recruiting, current player/ex-player commentary going forward, etc.

The market talks if you will listen. Kirk seems to be aware of that and will need to do so daily for quite some time.

In my mind the question of who survives comes down to who can and is willing to follow Ferentz's lead...and that includes his son. I'm going to assume that what's been said thus far by the head coach is basically true. By that I mean that his perception of the black athlete experience in the program was more positive than negative and that he really does want to listen and make changes if that's not true. We'll know for sure if he continues to stay humble through this and stands in front of the harsh criticism.

Because that's what it will take. From everybody. My perception from the outside is that Ferentz is a person who can do that. But there are a lot of people in this world who will chafe against humility, criticism, and the idea that they need to change. If there is a real push for change in the program those things will be asked of everyone. And that will clarify who stays and who doesn't pretty quickly.

KF is the person who didn't lead in the basics of human decency. Why now?

If Barta survives this, KF will survive this. And KF wants to survive this or his sons career is over.

KF needs to find a really good PR company. He needs to really think about the tough questions that will be coming and be ready to answer them. He really hasnt faced that yet. But it has started and he has come off not great.

This is going to be an awful tough time ahead. Will there be protests everywhere Iowa travels and will that get in the players heads? Have the players lost respect for the leadership? Will KF really let the players speak out or is that lip service?

This program is going to go through some fundamental changes and that will happen regardless of who is in charge.

Barta isn't surviving this.

If Kirk survives this, recruiting is about to take a big hit. The program has a big stain that will be easy for other schools to use against us. So either we need to kick our development into overdrive or there will be many lean seasons. That leads to even worse recruiting and so on and so forth. Kirk and his staff need to pull out a few great seasons and have players in the program give amazing testimonies if the goal is for Brian to continue his career either at Iowa or other places and Kirks legacy to be minimally tainted.

KF a will survive this, the question is does he want to survive this. That’s the question! I think he does and will be committed to be better!

Nah, I think we're on the Missouri path. Pinkel could have returned, but once there was a mutiny on the team, he used his health issue as a runway to retire. I think there's a good chance Ferentz is met with a list of semi-intelligible demands over a litany of issues that he has no control over and he'll just bounce by the end of the year. If we win like 10 or 11 games, that'll cure any issues, but if we drop an early game and the wheels get wobbly or come off, Ferentz is done.

KF is the person who didn't lead in the basics of human decency. Why now?

I believe his initial response has been genuine. If I'm wrong we'll know in short order because he's going to face a firestorm that dwarfs rhabdo. One that I would be hard pressed to believe lip service and feigned concern will stand up to.

I believe his initial response has been genuine. If I'm wrong we'll know in short order because he's going to face a firestorm that dwarfs rhabdo. One that I would be hard pressed to believe lip service and feigned concern will stand up to.

He wasn't concerned when it was expedient.

If Kirk survives this, recruiting is about to take a big hit. The program has a big stain that will be easy for other schools to use against us. So either we need to kick our development into overdrive or there will be many lean seasons. That leads to even worse recruiting and so on and so forth. Kirk and his staff need to pull out a few great seasons and have players in the program give amazing testimonies if the goal is for Brian to continue his career either at Iowa or other places and Kirks legacy to be minimally tainted.

There is no question teams are going to use this against Iowa. And it could hurt.

I will give this to KF and Iowa though. Iowa does have a solid number of black coaches. 4 assistants, possibly 5 when Doyle gets fired. In comparison, Minnesota and Wisconsin each have 2 black coaches on the their staff.

Actually, perception is not reality. People just like to say it is and no one ever challenges the statement.

While all of these things very well may have been happening, have you wondered why black kids, even brothers of current players, continued to come to Iowa. It could very well be that they perceived this sort of thing as going on almost everywhere and they would have to deal with it somewhere else, if not at Iowa.

But I could be completely wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts