Bob Davies

This thread is like everything else right now in the world.... Blowing things out of proportion... Bob Davie has been extremely kind to the Hawks over the years. Its just unfortunate that ESPN has taken them out of the Big 10... They even made comments about how they liked calling games for the Hawks... We were playing terrible at the time so it's easy to be negative... Give them a break... On the other hand I'd complain about Terry Bradshaw...

Keep in mind Davies was one of our biggest supporters during '02. He did a lot of our games that year.
________
Diamanda

Last edited:
Keep in mind Davies was one of our biggest supporters during '02. He did a lot of our games that year.

Davies wasn't intentionally one sided against the Hawks. All day, however, both announcers were extremely ignorant. Davies was wrong on the first three replays, when CLEARLY it was not one sided one way or the other. An announcer shouldn't be saying for certain that this is the way the call should go when it's definitely not for certain. Saying "Adam Clayborne" numerous times didn't help his cause. The whole afternoon both him and his partner were just saying off the wall comments that either didn't make sense or were extremely stupid. I almost turned off the broadcast myself. I don't think, however, that he was going for Indiana or anything of that nature like the original poster indicated. He was just dumb.

Davies said on about 3 occasions, "Iowa is not an explosive offensive team" as he talked about their inability to come back from a large deficit.

Then Iowa exploded.

GlidingHawk

I felt the same way about Davies during the game, but re-watched parts and realized that was just anger stemming from how poorly we were playing at the time, upon a re-watch I realized I was reading too much into it.

Bob Davies guide to Iowa Football:

Troy "Strauss"
Amari "Spi-Vee"
"Adam" Clayborn
Karl "Kluhgh"

I'm sure I missed some...

My Tweets from the game (I don't condone name-calling, but that guy just drove me insane.)

• Hey Bob Davies, when your butt is the first thing to hit the turf out of bounds, it's incomplete. Freakin MORON! #hawkeyes
  • Was DJK's hand underneath it? Wow. So many close calls in this one. Bob Davie remains an idiot.
  • Bob Davie - a hit to the head is a hit to the head. Learn the rules of college football. Officially sick of this dude.
  • Bob Davie thinks Iowa should put in their freshman QB.
  • Don't talk to him, he doesn't understand... Anything. RT @Lucasentric: Now it's Adam Clayborn time! Right Bob Davie?
  • Again, don't forget Bob Davie said Iowa should put in Vandenberg. Remember that. Freakin dolt.
  • Bob Davie also told Ricky to burn the third qtr tape - yeah, great idea, let's NOT learn from our mistakes. Should hit mute, but can't
  • Anyone know how I feel about Bob Davie?

I thought both anouncers were terrible. Davies was completely anti-Iowa and Jones didn't know the names from either roster. How do you not know the name of one of the head coaches? They were unprepared and did a terrible job. ESPN should be embarrased.

I was thinking that he was being negative towards the Hawks too during the game. But in fairness to him they were stinking it up -- but I was definitely thinking that he had a beef with Iowa.

Complaining that the announcers don't like you has to be scraping the bottom of the barrel.

If you think the announcers were unfair, you are either a huge baby, or you are just looking for things to get upset about.

Life's too short, jeeeeeze.

Latest posts