Bo being..... Bo

images

If it is true that our ears and nose never quit growing, this is Bo at age 72

I've got no problem with him sticking up for his players, good for him

I don't have any problem either, except he wasn't sticking up for them, he was just bothered by the question. He got sensitive about a fairly insensitive topic, he said he didn't understand the question but it immediately made him hostile, then he contradicted himself, and then he ended the interview shortly after. Nobody was there to criticize him or the team, they asked if he liked the way they defended Taylor and if it seems like he's changed to become more dismissive of media criticism.

>They don't care about what you write
Well he seemed pretty upset
>Well, they're human aren't they?

So do they care about what the media says or not? Soo...was he out of line? No, it's not always bad to be passionate, but it's not always necessary (like in this case).

I don't have any problem either, except he wasn't sticking up for them, he was just bothered by the question. He got sensitive about a fairly insensitive topic, he said he didn't understand the question but it immediately made him hostile, then he contradicted himself, and then he ended the interview shortly after. Nobody was there to criticize him or the team, they asked if he liked the way they defended Taylor and if it seems like he's changed to become more dismissive of media criticism.

>They don't care about what you write
Well he seemed pretty upset
>Well, they're human aren't they?

So do they care about what the media says or not? Soo...was he out of line? No, it's not always bad to be passionate, but it's not always necessary (like in this case).

Thats it right there. If the question pizzes him off and it looked like it did, why not just say, we are not answering questions about that anymore, I feel as thou we have covered that subject, and we have moved on. Does anyone else have any questions. Instead he said screw you give me my ball, I'm going home.

Would you prefer that or the snorting, snorkeling, gurgling noise from KF?

No this is just another example of a class A $%#hole. That's all he is. he is a bully that knows a little football. He isn't even a decent guy look at the way he carries himself in games and in press conferences its just not head coach material. Nebraska needs a leader right now not some ignorant guy who can't control his temper.

Please explain. I don't recall any of those noinses coming from coach.

Too lazy to try and find audio/video. I am going to do this just on memory. It happened once on a interview with DP, a on the side interview with the local press after a PSU game 5 or 6 years ago. Been a couple of other occasions as well.

Sounds like he is formulating a loogey.

Last edited:
I like the fact that he defended his player, but geez, those sportwriters need to to grow a pair of balls. My god, I never heard so much stammering and stuttering. If you have a question, ask with confidence and be clear about what you want to know.

Those guys are obviously scared of Pelini...I thought that was hilarious. That's Nebraska...they can probably call the Omaha Podunk News and get the guy fired if he asks the wrong question.

That was very very funny.

Too lazy to try and find audio/video. I am going to do this just on memory. It happened once on a interview with DP, a on the side interview with the local press after a PSU game 5 or 6 years ago. Been a couple of other occasions as well.

Sounds like he is formulating a loogey.

LOL...I wish I could hear that.

No this is just another example of a class A $%#hole. That's all he is. he is a bully that knows a little football. He isn't even a decent guy look at the way he carries himself in games and in press conferences its just not head coach material. Nebraska needs a leader right now not some ignorant guy who can't control his temper.
Hilarious. If he was coaching the Hawks, you guys would be falling all over the guy, about how passionate and fiery he is, how much he cares about his players, how clean (allegedly) he runs his program, how stupid those reporters are, etc.

He is not your coach, get over it.

Those guys are obviously scared of Pelini...I thought that was hilarious. That's Nebraska...they can probably call the Omaha Podunk News and get the guy fired if he asks the wrong question.
How so?

Last edited:
I like the fact that he defended his player, but geez, those sportwriters need to to grow a pair of balls. My god, I never heard so much stammering and stuttering. If you have a question, ask with confidence and be clear about what you want to know.

That was very very funny.
PODUNK?! Iowa and Nebraska are the same level of rural agricultural states. Iowa and Nebraska have no right slam each other for being podunk! Pots and Kettles

Would you prefer that or the snorting, snorkeling, gurgling noise from KF?

For what it is worth, I very much prefer the behavior and general respect Coach Ferentz has for both the media and fans of the program. While there may be times of disagreement with a line of questioning or a bit of incredulity about someone revisiting a dead issue yet again, he still acts professionally.

I want to add that I am a 40 year Hawk Fan living in SW Iowa and working in Omaha, so during this time of year I am bombarded with all things Nebraska football.

Bo, in contrast to Coach Ferentz, has established a culture of confrontation with the media and has ridiculed elements of his fan base. In this video one can see that he does not engage with eye contact or any element of intent to communicate positively; but rather views the whole interaction as a pain. He frequently resorts to belligerance and bullying and the media in Omaha and Lincoln are not backing down but rather pursuing questioning that is on the minds of the better part of the Husker fan base...asking some tough questions which is the job of a competent journalist.

Perhaps there are places where Bo's behavior would be tolerated, and where attitude can be overlooked if one delivers upon expectations. I am not sure that he is making good decisions, is delivering adequately enough to overcome all the negatives he is bringing to their program. I like to think that his antics would not be tolerated at Iowa, nor most of the other programs in the Big 10.

Latest posts