Bo being..... Bo

PODUNK?! Iowa and Nebraska are the same level of rural agricultural states. Iowa and Nebraska have no right slam each other for being podunk! Pots and Kettles
As a matter of fact, I would say that Omaha is bigger than any city in Iowa.

As a matter of fact, I would say that Omaha is bigger than any city in Iowa.
And Nebraska has a higher percentage of the population living in urban areas than Iowa.

I just dont get the iowa/nebraska bickering about being rednecks, hicks, boring, hillbillys, ect... There are so many other things that people can trade japes about, but the rural demographic is not one of them.

PODUNK?! Iowa and Nebraska are the same level of rural agricultural states. Iowa and Nebraska have no right slam each other for being podunk! Pots and Kettles

And Nebraska has a higher percentage of the population living in urban areas than Iowa.

I just dont get the iowa/nebraska bickering about being rednecks, hicks, boring, hillbillys, ect... There are so many other things that people can trade japes about, but the rural demographic is not one of them.
Penis envy??

:D

Hilarious. If he was coaching the Hawks, you guys would be falling all over the guy, about how passionate and fiery he is, how much he cares about his players, how clean (allegedly) he runs his program, how stupid those reporters are, etc.

He is not your coach, get over it.

BS, I dont think any more than 10% of Hawk fans would approve. I mean you can name alot of coaches and you would be right we would stick up for them. But Bo is not Hawkeye coaching material.
For what it's worth I think almost all of us think the reporters were retarded in that vid, but we all deal with retarded people daily, and we dont run around acting like BOoger.

BS, I dont think any more than 10% of Hawk fans would approve. I mean you can name alot of coaches and you would be right we would stick up for them. But Bo is not Hawkeye coaching material.
For what it's worth I think almost all of us think the reporters were retarded in that vid, but we all deal with retarded people daily, and we dont run around acting like BOoger.
they would approve, not because they approve of the behavior, but because he is their head coach.

Hey moron, I didn't know the names of the Omaha papers because I live in San Diego and didn't want to google it for a post.

My point wasn't the paper name or to poke fun at Nebraska, it was to comment on the questioning that was being done. Pelini got a little ticked, and they were ******* themselves. Listen to those guys ask the questions...stammering.

You do realize that Bo coached at Iowa, right?

I have a hard time believing that only 10% of Hawk fans would approve, seeing how many have stuck up for much of the stuff that has happened under KF. Yelling at the refs and coaching your players is nothing compared the the rhabdo situtation.

Hey moron, I didn't know the names of the Omaha papers because I live in San Diego and didn't want to google it for a post.

My point wasn't the paper name or to poke fun at Nebraska, it was to comment on the questioning that was being done. Pelini got a little ticked, and they were ******* themselves. Listen to those guys ask the questions...stammering.
Wow San Diego Cal-i-forn-ia! Golly mister i didnt know that city folk would be readin mah chicken schaches. If i would have known a fine metropolitan gentleman such as you were saying it, you would have free reign to put our regional newspapers in thar place.
Shucks, now i feel plum hornswagled

You do realize that Bo coached at Iowa, right?

I have a hard time believing that only 10% of Hawk fans would approve, seeing how many have stuck up for much of the stuff that has happened under KF. Yelling at the refs and coaching your players is nothing compared the the rhabdo situtation.
See everyone goes easy on their own coach.(for the most part) viewed from the out side all coaches quirks that endear them to fans, can repulse outsiders.

Its all perspective

I don't think the reporters asked anything out of line. I honestly think Pelini is a good coach but I think he's much better suited to be a defensive coordinator. That way he can focus his intensity and fire into his defense and stay out of the limelight for the most part. How many times do assistant coaches yell at players on the sideline and it's swept under the rug? Obviously football is different in today's time than it was 10, 20, or 30 yrs ago. No one cares when an assistant let's a player have it but when it's the head coach it's a big deal.

IMO the best head coaches today are the ones who can maintain their composure in stressful situations. A player can look up to that and hopefully some of it will rub off on them. We have athletes today that come into college carrying gigantic egos. Many of them typically do not react well to being humiliated by their head coach on national television. I realize Husker fan's won't take this well, but I can't see Bo being in Nebraska any longer than 2-3 more years. His days are numbered. He'll always be one hell of a defensive coordinator. In fact, I'd welcome him at Iowa to run our defense when Norm retires. I would never want him as our top guy however.

I don't think the reporters asked anything out of line. I honestly think Pelini is a good coach but I think he's much better suited to be a defensive coordinator. That way he can focus his intensity and fire into his defense and stay out of the limelight for the most part. How many times do assistant coaches yell at players on the sideline and it's swept under the rug? Obviously football is different in today's time than it was 10, 20, or 30 yrs ago. No one cares when an assistant let's a player have it but when it's the head coach it's a big deal.

IMO the best head coaches today are the ones who can maintain their composure in stressful situations. A player can look up to that and hopefully some of it will rub off on them. We have athletes today that come into college carrying gigantic egos. Many of them typically do not react well to being humiliated by their head coach on national television. I realize Husker fan's won't take this well, but I can't see Bo being in Nebraska any longer than 2-3 more years. His days are numbered. He'll always be one hell of a defensive coordinator. In fact, I'd welcome him at Iowa to run our defense when Norm retires. I would never want him as our top guy however.
You make some good points, and for sure, we are a work in progress right now. If we have more debacles like last week, or if the program takes a step backwards, he probably won't be here much longer. I have concerns, myself.

Story around here is that Mr. Davis loves the guy, but Chancellor Perlman may not be his biggest fan.

Who knows??

Last edited:
Complete ******* jerk. Bad attitude with almost every question. If I had an employee that acted that way, while doing his/her job, I'd end employment. It is part of his job to answer questions, try being a professional, try being the same leader that you ask your players to be. Totally defensive with almost every question. Bully...

How do you add anything to a post like that? I guess you say, well done sir, well done.

Wow San Diego Cal-i-forn-ia! Golly mister i didnt know that city folk would be readin mah chicken schaches. If i would have known a fine metropolitan gentleman such as you were saying it, you would have free reign to put our regional newspapers in thar place.
Shucks, now i feel plum hornswagled

Wow...your english is progressing. Pretty clear you most likely received your degree from Nebraska at the head of your class. I'll say this again...now stay with me...the point of my post was not to belittle the papers in Omaha or Nebraskans in any way. It was to make a point about how the reporters were reacting to Bo. My initial comment in this post was to ridicule you and other Nebraska alums.

Keep clinging to your dreams that you are still a top flight program...oh wait, Wisconsin just used you guys to clean their field turf.

Welcome to the Big Ten.

Wow...your english is progressing. Pretty clear you most likely received your degree from Nebraska at the head of your class. I'll say this again...now stay with me...the point of my post was not to belittle the papers in Omaha or Nebraskans in any way. It was to make a point about how the reporters were reacting to Bo. My initial comment in this post was to ridicule you and other Nebraska alums.

Keep clinging to your dreams that you are still a top flight program...oh wait, Wisconsin just used you guys to clean their field turf.

Welcome to the Big Ten.
So in yur fancy big city book learning they leaned yall that calling thing podunk is not belittling. Must be me. In the Midwest usually insults are meant as insults. but gee golly if you are from CALIFORNIA than you must know better than bumpkins from the middle of the country. Sorry if our lack of cosmopolitan sophistication doesn't allow us to understand you.

Latest posts