Bleacher Report on Coaches

I have felt for a long time that Erb needs to go and the stats in that article support my position. Erb was also the one trotting Grigsby out on the field several years ago, when Grigsby clearly was not trying very hard and his play was really hurting the team. It was only in the final game against Minny, that Ferentz had had enough and pulled Grigsby from the game....never to be seen on the field again for the Hawkeyes.

Never, ever, NEVER should you open a Bleacher Report link. Last summer they had a Big Ten preview and predicted that Arkansas would finish 4th.

Worst. Site. EVAH!

Normally I would agree, Bleacher Report stinks. The guy that writes the articles about the Chiefs is a journalism student in college yet. And he has said some real stupid things in his evaluations of players. He has no clue about player abilities. So you have to look at the bio on the writer.

This writer seems to have better credentials and lays out how he came to the conclusions. Surprises me former coach K on the DL did not have a higher attrition rate. Lester Erb does not surprise me as running back is always a critical recruiting need. And Coker seemed to take a step back at the beginning of the year before he righted himself after 3-4 games.

Maybe Erb will find greener pastures elsewhere.

This is not a great article. These "stats" as he calls them are a poor measure of this. Now I'm not saying Erb doesn't play any part of this, but how can you blame Kaz, then when his numbers are not that bad and actually better than a past Dline coach some would like to have return to Iowa.

There are trends for positions of overturn and maybe it is Erb being part of the problem I don't know, but maybe it's the recruiting v. actual coaching, when we look at these players.

Also, you can't lump these kids together as every kid/defection is different in nature.

Latest posts