blaming KF - what about Stanzi

In the after game interview, Ferentz said it was always the plan to call the TO after that first down. He said that play had no factor in the loss..

I'm sure you guys dissing Ricky would have had been in the right state of mind being under preassure to just throw the ball away. Give me a break, the only thing Ricky did wrong was not spiking the ball when he knew it was the right play.

Stanzi's always had a ten cent head. He has a good arm, but throwing a pass to the center of the field with 12 seconds remaining is beyond stupid. He's the dumbest QB ever to play for Iowa. End of story.

Since we're assigning blame, how about looking at special teams (again) and the fact that we couldn't get any pressure whatsoever on Tolzien all game long, and Wisconsin scored TD's on every possession they had in the 2nd half. Wisconsin's offensive line obviously had alot to do with their QB protection and their offense's success, but if we make that PAT and don't muff that FG in the 2nd quarter, we win the game. Or to take that even further, don't have back to back 5 yard penalties when you had it 3rd and an inch in Wisky's red zone, and come away with nothing. maybe we get a TD if not for those penalties.

If you are putting so much pressure on Stanzi, why did A-Rob catch the pass? He could have dropped it effectively stopping the clock. Stanzi couldn't have just thrown it out of bounds because I don't think he was outside of the tackle box.

Stanzi played great but his decision making on the last drive was inexcusable for a 5th year senior.

Hey guys ARob could have spiked the ball into the ground instead of catching the ball. But more importantly, why did they run anybody to that area of the field at all?

Stanzi has been outstanding all year...so you're spouting a pile of baloney. And its one thing to make the wrong judgement call in the heat of a play...quite another for a coach to foolishly call the last timeout rather than spike it after the first down. That's coaching 101.

not blaming stanzi.....this is a coaching staff issue........clock managment is an issue wih this staff...for all comebacks last year KF's record is still poor when trailing in games going into the 4th quarter.

You jokers must have watched a different game then me. Stanzi didn't cost us that game. He didn't have a perfect throwing game, but no int. His last 2 plays of the game didn't cost us this victory.

If you are putting so much pressure on Stanzi, why did A-Rob catch the pass? He could have dropped it effectively stopping the clock. Stanzi couldn't have just thrown it out of bounds because I don't think he was outside of the tackle box.

If you look at the play again, it looks like stanzi yelled at Arob for catching it. I think he threw it short for a reason, avoiding an intentional grounding.

Latest posts