blaming KF - what about Stanzi

If you look at the play again, it looks like stanzi yelled at Arob for catching it. I think he threw it short for a reason, avoiding an intentional grounding.

probably he because he figured out what a bonehead play it was.

You jokers must have watched a different game then me. Stanzi didn't cost us that game. He didn't have a perfect throwing game, but no int. His last 2 plays of the game didn't cost us this victory.

Couldn't agree more. The reason we lost this game is special teams and a general inability to stop Wisconsin's offense and get pressure on Tolzien all game long. That's the way I saw it.

Ricky played one of his best games today IMO, outside of a few throws that were a little off the mark.

In the after game interview, Ferentz said it was always the plan to call the TO after that first down. He said that play had no factor in the loss..

I am a huge KF fan, but sometimes you have to go away from the plan. His logic to that play is way off. Just because you are going to do something, doesn't make it the right reason to do it.

I just don't understand KF's thinking on that last TO. The clock is stopped for the first down ball getting set why not be set at the LOS and ground the ball. All you lose is one second and you retain your timeout.

iahawk72

Special Teams and not spiking the ball, neither of which are on Stanzi. Not clocking it was awful, just awful, we had a first down and needed at least another 20 yards for a legitimate shot at a fieldgoal. One play does not a game make, but the fake punt conversion made my heart hurt. Just so dissappointed.

First off stop with the whole stanzi or special teams blame. This one falls on the staff. #1 that time out they took when they could have spiked the ball is the number 1 factor in this loss. Plus the fake punt, we should have been ready for that with the game on the line and time running out I told everyone around me that it was a fake punt. The hawks put themselves in a situation to be able to win the game, they made a mistake on when to call that last time out. If they spike the ball it takes maybe 2 seconds off the clock time for two plays you call a 15 yard in, and a 15 yard out read the d, and throw to which ever they give you call a t and kick the field goal. plain and simple. Hey if we finish with just two losses then I will be happy with that. So lets beat MSU and OSU handle biz on the lesser opponents and see what happens I dont think wisky will win out so if we do our part let the chips fall where they may. GO HAWKS

Special Teams and not spiking the ball, neither of which are on Stanzi. Not clocking it was awful, just awful, we had a first down and needed at least another 20 yards for a legitimate shot at a fieldgoal. One play does not a game make, but the fake punt conversion made my heart hurt. Just so dissappointed.

everyone knows, in that situation you throw the ball anywhere but in the middle of the field. Sure enough, Stanzi gets scared and just shoves it to Robinson.

Latest posts