Blair Brooks

Clayberg was a gray shirt. I think his leaving had more to do with him wanting to play offense than being away from the team for a semester.

I think KF would prefer not to use the GS but sometimes it's the best they can do. Sometimes scholarships open up, too, after kids accept the gray shirt.

That happened with VandeBerg and Vandervelde. Maybe Riley should change his last name to VanMoss.

Shame. I know expectations couldn't have been too high for a walk on, even with his athleticism, but I still would've like to see him graduate a Hawk due to name alone. Best of luck to him.

At Iowa first you learn to block, then you learn to block well, and your junior year we'll talk to you about participation.

yup. I am fine with that. Want to play in the NFL? Want to play for about any power 5 team? Learn to block, son.

Dang... I was hoping he'd develop in time. Clearly he's athletic and has size. I would have thought being a Hawk would have been a dream of his... Guess not.

Eh kid wants to play. Can't blame him for that.
Yeah totally get that and don't blame him. All these players have just the one shot at their college careers. I don't begrudge them at all. I was only guessing that with his bloodlines being what they were where his head may have been. And since he walked on to begin with as well. But things change and as you said he wants to play sooner than later. Don't blame him a bit

Eh kid wants to play. Can't blame him for that.

Nope can't blame them for going somewhere to play. But I hope kids also are factoring in guys like Jackson or Gervase who were demoted at a point the careers yet stuck with the program and it paid off big time.

Yeah totally get that and don't blame him. All these players have just the one shot at their college careers. I don't begrudge them at all. I was only guessing that with his bloodlines being what they were where his head may have been. And since he walked on to begin with as well. But things change and as you said he wants to play sooner than later. Don't blame him a bit
I keep hearing about bloodlines and wonder if I’m missing something. I realize his father and grandpa are/were broadcasters. Did either play in college or beyond? If so, i was not aware of that. Call me crazy but I also thought that’s what legacy stood for

I keep hearing about bloodlines and wonder if I’m missing something. I realize his father and grandpa are/were broadcasters. Did either play in college or beyond? If so, i was not aware of that. Call me crazy but I also thought that’s what legacy stood for
For Iowa. His Dad and Gpa have been tied to the school for a long long long time. I'm not sure about their own athletic historys but that wasn't what I was referring to.

Blair intends to return to the Hawkeyes after some time at Western.

I like the sounds of that. IWCC is a top notch breeding ground. He will get solid coaching and a chance to hone his craft on the field. We can then get him back as a ready made upperclassmen and ride out his best years.

That's win win folks. Creative and strategic personel management.

Latest posts