Blair Brooks

BVHawk95

I was bored and going through Iowa's recruits for 2018, and I noticed that Blair Brooks is pretty highly rated for a preferred walk-on. He doesn't have much for a rivals page, but his 247 profile shows him as a mid-range 3-star (84). Pretty good size and speed as well, at 6'3" 190, runs a reported 4.5.

Rob or anyone who's seen him play, did we get a heck of a steal in a legacy WR?

I was bored and going through Iowa's recruits for 2018, and I noticed that Blair Brooks is pretty highly rated for a preferred walk-on. He doesn't have much for a rivals page, but his 247 profile shows him as a mid-range 3-star (84). Pretty good size and speed as well, at 6'3" 190, runs a reported 4.5.

Stats say he’s taller, faster, and can jump higher than MVB, if he can catch and memorize a playbook I’d say he’s a steal. Iowa doesn’t usually get that kind of length in WRs.

Stats say he’s taller, faster, and can jump higher than MVB, if he can catch and memorize a playbook I’d say he’s a steal. Iowa doesn’t usually get that kind of length in WRs.
Seems like we're trying to go back to the length of KOK's days, where we had McNutt, Davis, Solomon, Brown, and a few other I can't remember the names of were all above 6'1" if I'm remembering correctly. Brandon Smith, ISM, Marchese, Brooks, Lockett, and the Jones kid they're going after during the late period are all listed at 6'2" or taller.

He's going to attempt playing two sports, Good athlete:

LINK

Good bloodlines as well.

Brooks, who has caught 32 passes for 464 yards and nine touchdowns this season, enjoys a proud Hawkeye lineage. His father, Rob Brooks, serves as the football radio sideline reporter and the play-by-play voice for women’s basketball. His grandfather, the late Bob Brooks, is a member of the school’s media wall of game following a distinguished broadcasting career.

“It kind of is a dream come true, just an honor to be able to carry on the family tradition,” Blair said.

Seems like we're trying to go back to the length of KOK's days, where we had McNutt, Davis, Solomon, Brown, and a few other I can't remember the names of were all above 6'1" if I'm remembering correctly. Brandon Smith, ISM, Marchese, Brooks, Lockett, and the Jones kid they're going after during the late period are all listed at 6'2" or taller.

I see that as well. Not a bad idea. KOK had a little better luck developing those players than Davis did with small fast guys. Iowa isn't attracting top of the line receivers right now, so you're left with fighting MAC and MVC teams over the best of the rest.

Now you sound like me. Lol
I'm never bored because I always have something on my mind that I must research and study.
I only watch about 8hrs of tv a week at the most. Which is equal to about 3-4 movies, is all.
Don't do social media. (Except here)
But boy do I read and study a bunch on the internet.
Hence my no news day post. With spring ball over, I thought I would start doing some recon.

Last edited:
Not Brooks specific, but more Hawkeye-walkon-related Drake News (13.85 is smokin'; faster than Ihmir Smith-Marsette's 13.97 in HS, though ISM ran that his junior year):

Not Brooks specific, but more Hawkeye-walkon-related Drake News (13.85 is smokin'; faster than Ihmir Smith-Marsette's 13.97 in HS, though ISM ran that his junior year):

That is dang good athletism for a walkon.

Moss is a gray shirt, not a walk-on.

Thanks, I kind of thought that was the case, but I was too lazy to look it up. Honestly, I still don't fully understand the different color shirts.

Isn't gray shirt what Clayberg was that Coach Ferentz said they would not be using going forward because the individual feels too removed from the team that first semester?

Latest posts