Biggest Problem Big 12: Academics?

States packed full of redneck hicks are gonna have lower academic standards than other states. The Big 12 is pretty much comprised of states full of redneck hicks.

Garbage In Garbage Out

University of Texas is the exception, as it gets the smart kids stuck in that highly populated dumb hick state.

Yes. I would assume that a self styled baptist university would have a similar honor code to a Mormon university. I could certainly be wrong.
In regards to athletics Baylor has been as sinful as others. Baylor is not Bob Jones University. Bob Jones has its own issues.

Mormonism is vastly different than Southern Baptist in theology and culture.
States packed full of redneck hicks are gonna have lower academic standards than other states. The Big 12 is pretty much comprised of states full of redneck hicks.

Garbage In Garbage Out

University of Texas is the exception, as it gets the smart kids stuck in that highly populated dumb hick state.

You need to drive around rural Iowa more. You are describing my home town not far from IC.

When I was going to Iowa in the 80's the Business school was top 10 nationally for Public Institutions in a number of areas and 11-20 in many more.

The old Big Eight could at least say that the member universities shared a common culture. The only thing that binds the Big Twelve together is football and football money.

Garbage In Garbage Out

100% certain this is how he views Iowans.

Garbage In Garbage Out

Since we are celebrating higher education.

Big 12 States from lowest to highest as a percent of population with B.S. degree:

50. West Virginia
42. Oklahoma
34. Iowa
30. Texas
16. Kansas

Big 12 States from lowest to highest with Graduate Degree

49. WV
43. OK
43. IA
33. TX
19. KS

Btw, since you brought up redneck hicks and what that insinuates. Iowa by far has the lowest percentage of non-white population.

Btw, 2. University of Iowa is in Iowa and therefore that state is in the above statistics. Just in case that was missed.

Garbage in...Garbage out

In regards to athletics Baylor has been as sinful as others. Baylor is not Bob Jones University. Bob Jones has its own issues.

Mormonism is vastly different than Southern Baptist in theology and culture.

You need to drive around rural Iowa more. You are describing my home town not far from IC.

Oh, I've put my time in rural Iowa. It's marginally better than rural Oklahoma. Same general breed.

Since we are celebrating higher education.

Big 12 States from lowest to highest as a percent of population with B.S. degree:

50. West Virginia
42. Oklahoma
34. Iowa
30. Texas
16. Kansas

Big 12 States from lowest to highest with Graduate Degree

49. WV
43. OK
43. IA
33. TX
19. KS

Btw, since you brought up redneck hicks and what that insinuates. Iowa by far has the lowest percentage of non-white population.

Btw, 2. University of Iowa is in Iowa and therefore that state is in the above statistics. Just in case that was missed.

Garbage in...Garbage out

I'm not arguing that Iowa isn't full of stupid white trash. It most certainly is. I'm arguing that the of aggregate states comprising the respective power 5 conferences, the Big 12 is the trashiest. Although the SEC has gotta give it a run for the money with Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana and Arkansas.

The other three conferences are far above those two.

I would rather that my kids get the right kind of education at a place like Incarnate Word or Oral Roberts than the conformity factories like Princeton Harvard or Yale.

Latest posts