BIG

blubberhawk

Football: Can be argued is the best/deepest league. SEC brutal at the top but after the top 4 teams, nothing.
Basketball: (at this time) has to be considered far and away the best league.
Wrestling: Clearly the best by light years.

Good times for the BIG

Toughest ALL AROUND conference (factoring the only 2 that really count, football and basketball), year-in, year-out.

As far as basketball goes it looks so far that we will have a very high ceiling (OSU, Maryland, possibly the two Michigan schools and Purdue) and a very deep valley Nebraska, possibly Northwestern)

As far as basketball goes it looks so far that we will have a very high ceiling (OSU, Maryland, possibly the two Michigan schools and Purdue) and a very deep valley Nebraska, possibly Northwestern)

Kind of the same in football honestly. Unbalanced league schedules will really favor teams that get to play NW, Neb twice. And honestly Wisconsin, Rutgers, and Minnesota are maintaining pretty high rankings in metrics considering some of their bad losses. If there is an upper half team out there that gets to play NW, Neb, WI, MN twice each that's probably 7 wins right there.

Edit: Side note, the Torvik conference page for the Big 10 looks honestly pretty good for Iowa.

http://www.barttorvik.com/conf.php?conf=B10

3 top 20 players in the league is good. If that keeps up I think Iowa is a tourney team. For the record I'm a lot higher on this Iowa team than a lot of the fans are, especially after that DePaul loss. That was one game. Connor is controlling the pace well by not turning it over and dishing it to people. CJF's percentages will come back to earth, but even if he ends up shooting 40% from 3 for the year that would be huge. And Garza is just doing it all right now.

Side side note: When you look at the conference player ratings at the bottom, man Garza has some tough competition right now. Oturu, Haarms, Jalen Smith, Teske, Wesson, Cockburn, Reuvers. Just a big man renaissance in the Big 10 this year.

Last edited:
Kind of the same in football honestly. Unbalanced league schedules will really favor teams that get to play NW, Neb twice. And honestly Wisconsin, Rutgers, and Minnesota are maintaining pretty high rankings in metrics considering some of their bad losses. If there is an upper half team out there that gets to play NW, Neb, WI, MN twice each that's probably 7 wins right there.

Edit: Side note, the Torvik conference page for the Big 10 looks honestly pretty good for Iowa.

http://www.barttorvik.com/conf.php?conf=B10

3 top 20 players in the league is good. If that keeps up I think Iowa is a tourney team. For the record I'm a lot higher on this Iowa team than a lot of the fans are, especially after that DePaul loss. That was one game. Connor is controlling the pace well by not turning it over and dishing it to people. CJF's percentages will come back to earth, but even if he ends up shooting 40% from 3 for the year that would be huge. And Garza is just doing it all right now.

Side side note: When you look at the conference player ratings at the bottom, man Garza has some tough competition right now. Oturu, Haarms, Jalen Smith, Teske, Wesson, Cockburn, Reuvers. Just a big man renaissance in the Big 10 this year.
And you've got Watkins at Penn State, Giorgi B at Illinois. Lots of talented post players.

Connor has impressed me with the decisions he makes out there. He knows what to do with the ball and how to take care of it.

DePaul is proving it is no fluke. They should be in the top 25 when the next poll is released.

And you've got Watkins at Penn State, Giorgi B at Illinois. Lots of talented post players.

Connor has impressed me with the decisions he makes out there. He knows what to do with the ball and how to take care of it.

DePaul is proving it is no fluke. They should be in the top 25 when the next poll is released.

And then DePaul loses at home to Buffalo.