Big XII wants $28 million from A&M

ISU needs to pack their bags and head to the MWC or similar. You have a good hoop team, a chitty football team and a great rasslin' program.

If the MWC could land a few 'better' schools in bigger markets then they could conceivably be able to negotiate better TV contracts and possibly even a guaranteed bid to the BCS.

Kansas, KSU, Mizzou, and ISU will not attract better TV contracts or get the MWC a BCS bid. If the Big East will take them then that is the best place for them to go.

The PAC12 is geographically located in the SW and W part of the country. Every team in the conference is in the Pacific Time Zone. The WAC and MWC have 8 teams a piece with plenty of room to expand. The MWC should add ISU and KSU to get to 10 teams.

PAC12 has 2 schools in the mountain time zone (Utah & Colorado) and Arizona is also mountain time zone during the non daylight savings months. But I cannot imagine the Pac12 going after these schools except maybe Kansas.

Kansas, KSU, Mizzou, and ISU will not attract better TV contracts or get the MWC a BCS bid. If the Big East will take them then that is the best place for them to go.

PAC12 has 2 schools in the mountain time zone (Utah & Colorado) and Arizona is also mountain time zone during the non daylight savings months. But I cannot imagine the Pac12 going after these schools except maybe Kansas.

The Pac-12 go after Kansas? Never ever would happen.

I still think someone will go after Kansas for basketball. I cannot imagine the Big East being able to add Kansas to their loaded basketball lineup of schools.

As an Iowa State fan i depressingly have to agree with that however Jamie Pollard is a very behind the scenes person i.e last summer was the man that got Iowa State, Missouri, Kansas, and Kansas State into the Big East had the Big 12 blown up. Hopefully that happens sometime just because I want to see the basketball season and ISU does very well recruiting on the east coast for basketball.

Texas and Oklahoma carry more weight when it comes to football than the entire Big East conference and the entire ACC. The Big East & ACC are known for hoops and not football.

If they (UT & OU) choose to keep the Big 12 together, then the Big 12 will survive, and will ultimately end up being one of 4 or 5 super conferences.

The most likely scenario I have discovered so far is that the Big East would take Baylor along with those four schools. Meaning the Big East would be the first super conference. While the football money would obviously not be as good the basketball money that the big east gets would almost make up the difference. The big east has a tv contract for both seperately. With A&M leaving it could be the "little schools" that blow up the Big 12 not the other schools.

The Big East would be the softest landing spot for Iowa State if the B12 blew up. But if this happens ISU would still be looking at a significant drop in revenue. How does the athletic budget look these days? I remember a few years ago ISU had to drop baseball since the athletic department was having financial difficulties. Can your athletic department afford another big hit or would they have to consider dropping additional programs in order to balance the budget?

Also, what becomes of your wrestling program? I do not think the Big East offers wrestling. Is your wrestling program self sustaining? I know most ppl on this board do not care about wrestling but even as a Hawkeye fan I would hate to see ISU have to consider cutting wrestling.

IMO, the best scenario for ISU is for Pollard to get down on his hands and knees to beg the Texas & Oklahoma presidents into keeping the B12 together. They need to go out and replace these schools that have left (TCU, BYU, SMU, Houston, ect ect) and figure out a way for the B12 to work. IMO, if the B12 blows up I think it will have disastrous results for ISU even if they do get into the Big East.

The Big East is also reaching the end of their TV contracts. They will be receiving a substantial pay raise in the future when they renegotiate. The Big 12 dissovling would hurt ISU in a substantial financial way. But I will guarantee one thing. ISU will keep the wrestling program. Things like golf and cross country will go before the alums let wrestling leave.

The most likely scenario I have discovered so far is that the Big East would take Baylor along with those four schools. Meaning the Big East would be the first super conference. While the football money would obviously not be as good the basketball money that the big east gets would almost make up the difference. The big east has a tv contract for both seperately. With A&M leaving it could be the "little schools" that blow up the Big 12 not the other schools.

You think they woudl take Baylor? My guess is before A/M leaves the Texas legislature will want some assurances that the other Texas schools(TTU and Baylor) are in a good situations. They may not make the calls, but they can make life a lot more difficult for A/M if they won't play ball.

My guess is the Big 12 adds BYU and stays at 10. The real question will be if the SEC decides to go all in and go to 16 teams. That could force other conferences to react, but I am not certain that is definitely the case. The Big East is massive in basketball, but no other conference has found the need to duplicate that size. The future is muddy at this point.

The Big East is already a 16-team basketball conference. While we all know this is driven by football, I just cannot see how they could possibly handle adding several more teams into the basketball mix.

So just wanted to throw this idea out there with the PAC-16 becoming more evident that it will exist. An expansion scenario of A&M, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State going to the PAC-12, then the remaining teams make bank by waiting a year and collecting massive exit fees. Then the Big East Taking the five remaining schools and going to 16 teams to ensure their survival, and Texas going independent because well their the popular kid everyone wants to be but no one wants to play with.

Jamie Pollard is a very behind the scenes person i.e last summer was the man that got Iowa State, Missouri, Kansas, and Kansas State into the Big East had the Big 12 blown up. l.

This is a fish story. Please provide proof. The big east gains nothing with isu and I highly doubt they will take you.

The big east can expand its footprint and Iowa State actually fits in pretty well with the Big East Schools. Easier schedule means more wins Moving from second best conference in the country to 4th or 5th.

I think its shaping up pretty nice for ISU. All the other teams will be gone and ISU will be the sole member left of the Big 12 and they can reap 28 million from everybody.;)

I think its shaping up pretty nice for ISU. All the other teams will be gone and ISU will be the sole member left of the Big 12 and they can reap 28 million from everybody.;)

And keep the AQ status from the Big 12. 252 million and a guaranteed BCS bowl every year.

Yes, I know you need a few teams in the conference to keep the BCS tag... but I can dream.

ISU will end up in the MWC. They aren't strong enough in any single sport to warrant an affiliation with any of the larger conferences. They don't represent a large enough viewing audience for any of the larger conferences. To sum it up, they don't bring anything to the table to warrant a bid to a large conference. They were lucky that the Big12 kept them alive as long as they have.

ISU will end up in the MWC. They aren't strong enough in any single sport to warrant an affiliation with any of the larger conferences. They don't represent a large enough viewing audience for any of the larger conferences. To sum it up, they don't bring anything to the table to warrant a bid to a large conference. They were lucky that the Big12 kept them alive as long as they have.

The only sports where Iowa State is not top shelf conference material is football however under Rhoads the football team has been in the hunt for a bowl game. Top tier wrestling program. Basketball team that is on the rise and generating A LOT of attention with a fan base and facility that few programs want to play. Volleyball is definetly on the rise. The viewing audience for Iowa State is bigger then many perceive the fan base is one of the strongest in the country

[ The viewing audience for Iowa State is bigger then many perceive the fan base is one of the strongest in the country[/QUOTE]

Living in Western Iowa, and a rural community, I see marginal support from the ISU fanbase. I see many ISU alums who follow and cheer on the Hawkeyes outwardly (possibly to be politically correct)...but don't hear many in depth discussions of ISU football. Displays at Walmart are dominated by Hawkeye products. That in itself, tells you this is a Hawkeye State. ISU pretends to be relevant.