Big XII wants $28 million from A&M

I think its shaping up pretty nice for ISU. All the other teams will be gone and ISU will be the sole member left of the Big 12 and they can reap 28 million from everybody.;)

Do you know what would be a hoot? The Big 12 Conference implodes leaving Iowa State as the only school left in the conference. ISU dissolves the Big 12 corporation, puts over $130 million in a bank in Ames, & tells the others, sue me.

Do you know what would be a hoot? The Big 12 Conference implodes leaving Iowa State as the only school left in the conference. ISU dissolves the Big 12 corporation, puts over $130 million in a bank in Ames, & tells the others, sue me.

Nah, I bet they would have to share with Baylor. :D

The only sports where Iowa State is not top shelf conference material is football however under Rhoads the football team has been in the hunt for a bowl game. Top tier wrestling program. Basketball team that is on the rise and generating A LOT of attention with a fan base and facility that few programs want to play. Volleyball is definetly on the rise. The viewing audience for Iowa State is bigger then many perceive the fan base is one of the strongest in the country

Did you just say "volleyball"??? Yeah, because I'm sure a BCS conference will jump at the opportunity to bring in a volleyball powerhouse. LOL!! :rolleyes:

2nd post here but a long-time viewer as I like to follow both Iowa and ISU

Despite some of the deepest rivalry angst between ISU and Iowa, having 2 BCS schools has been a great thing for Iowa. Annually almost 60,000 publicly educated students have exposure to top class athletics and top tier educations. There are hundreds of Iowa kids over the years that have had the opportunity to walk-on at both ISU and Iowa and be a part of BCS football. Considering Iowa's population, this is a unique opportunity the state has been afforded and we all should hope it continues to happen.

Why anyone would be cheering for the demise of ISU as an institution is beyond me.

On a different note, best of luck this weekend and for those of you coming to Ames, have a good time.

2nd post here but a long-time viewer as I like to follow both Iowa and ISU

Despite some of the deepest rivalry angst between ISU and Iowa, having 2 BCS schools has been a great thing for Iowa. Annually almost 60,000 publicly educated students have exposure to top class athletics and top tier educations. There are hundreds of Iowa kids over the years that have had the opportunity to walk-on at both ISU and Iowa and be a part of BCS football. Considering Iowa's population, this is a unique opportunity the state has been afforded and we all should hope it continues to happen.

Why anyone would be cheering for the demise of ISU as an institution is beyond me.

On a different note, best of luck this weekend and for those of you coming to Ames, have a good time.

It is hard to believe that a small state like Iowa with our population has 2 institutions that qualify as BCS schools. Honestly a state our size should only have 1.

Latest posts