Big Ten wrestling session II- 5PM

The big problem Iowa has had lately is they don't want to wrestle offensively, alot of defensive crap where they are not scoring alot of points at all. same thing today in the finals, was nice to get 4 into the finals, but it was close wins (minus the pin by McD on a defensive move). Iowa used to be the team that went out and pushed the tempo scoring alot of points, but that seems to be PSU taking over that mantle and Iowa has gone all defensive. IF they do that in the NCAA tourny they will be lucky to finish in top 5.

The big problem Iowa has had lately is they don't want to wrestle offensively, alot of defensive crap where they are not scoring alot of points at all. same thing today in the finals, was nice to get 4 into the finals, but it was close wins (minus the pin by McD on a defensive move). Iowa used to be the team that went out and pushed the tempo scoring alot of points, but that seems to be PSU taking over that mantle and Iowa has gone all defensive. IF they do that in the NCAA tourny they will be lucky to finish in top 5.

I totally agree with your assessment! I often get ripped on here for saying the same thing but aside from Ramos, we don't attack like the Iowa teams from the past. I think they have the talent in the wrestlin room, but are offensively handicapped.

Latest posts