Big Ten Tournament 'Draft'

I've been doing these for the past few years, and it makes the tournament (especially big ones like midlands, beast of the east or ncaas) so much more fun. A way we do it when we cant organize the draft is to set a salary cap of say: 40 points. then when pre-seeds are released each wrestler is assigned his seed as his points first seed worth 1, eighth seed worth 8 (with unseeded wrestlers being worth 9) you have to compile a team that has a minimum of 40 seeding points. A wrestler can be taken by more then one team, and it makes you have to balance a roster, for every top seed you take you need to take a 7th seed to balance out the point values and so on. We've done the live draft and it is also great but to me, the salary cap makes you have to take some gambles on lower seeded kids who can make a run, forces you to know every wrestler not just the hawks.

I've been doing these for the past few years, and it makes the tournament (especially big ones like midlands, beast of the east or ncaas) so much more fun. A way we do it when we cant organize the draft is to set a salary cap of say: 40 points. then when pre-seeds are released each wrestler is assigned his seed as his points first seed worth 1, eighth seed worth 8 (with unseeded wrestlers being worth 9) you have to compile a team that has a minimum of 40 seeding points. A wrestler can be taken by more then one team, and it makes you have to balance a roster, for every top seed you take you need to take a 7th seed to balance out the point values and so on. We've done the live draft and it is also great but to me, the salary cap makes you have to take some gambles on lower seeded kids who can make a run, forces you to know every wrestler not just the hawks.

I've done these before and while they are fun I am really intrigued with the draft idea.

I would be in this, but I am going to be out of town and away from a computer from 2/27 - 3/7. Have fun!

the reason why i think the points thing will be just harder over the internet...if we were all together in one area i think it would be better for sure...im just looking for a easy fun way for the big tens.

either way will be fun just looking for quick and easy..and to keep track too

could i get a consensus on what ppl want??

remember what it takes to do both and the time involved....gracias from puerto vallerta!

I enjoy the draft idea as I really like the idea of once a wrestler is gone he's gone and not every team will have Metcalf. Draw back is getting 10 people all in a chat room prior to the big ten. I would think if we could do this around 7 or 8 in the PM people would be able to get to a computer and draft for an hour or so.

I know personally I am available basically anytime. I think it could go very quickly as long as we have all the details figured out before we pick. Everyone could just jump in a chat room, go around picking names, and be ready. I think the best way to do it would be someone put names in a hat and pick out the draft order. Then use a 1-10, 10-1 draft order and pick people. Once that person is picked they are no longer available and each person can only have one person per weight. I think if everyone has quite a few back ups(because obviously people will probably pick people you want) it could go very smoothly and quickly.

I like the draft idea if we can make it work with everyone. Would you be able to just pick whoever you wanted regardless of weight when it was your turn and then just keep track and fill all 10 weights through 10 rounds? We would score just strictly on placing right and not on any bonus points or anything correct?

I like the draft idea if we can make it work with everyone. Would you be able to just pick whoever you wanted regardless of weight when it was your turn and then just keep track and fill all 10 weights through 10 rounds? We would score just strictly on placing right and not on any bonus points or anything correct?

That's how I saw for the drafting. Let's say, crazy thought here, Metcalf goes first (long shot I know) the next pick is wide open and Fulsaas can draft Robert Kellogg with the second pick.
Be a pretty easy EXCEL sheet to send to everyone involved with team owners and the 10 weights so everyone can track everyone else draft.

I'd like to see bonus points factored in otherwise any first place finish is equal with every other. This does present some more work for whoever is the commissioner of this little thing, and if it was supposed to be just a fun little thing then maybe that is more work than it's worth.

Haha, thanks for giving me Robert Kellogg!! I don't want to jump the gun though and take him from someone else who really wanted him... :)

Whatever we decide is fine with me. My internet at home is a bit slow so maybe I'll just head into FF's house and have some adult beverages with him while we do this. I have a couple of questions for you guys. Do we have 10 teams yet? Do we have a date for this yet? I'm betting the top 3 or 4 picks could be Hawks especially if bonus points don't count.

Latest posts