Big Ten Tournament 'Draft'

pin2win

@hagertony
Looking to get 10 of our top posters on the wrestling forum who would be interested in doing a Big Ten draft. I would draw 10 names out of a hat to see who gets first pick. Each get to pick one wrestler at every weight and once that individual is gone he is gone!

Since this would have to be over the internet give everyone like 3 mins to make a pick or whatever is suggested. I have done these only for nationals and never over the internet. Think this would be a good time

You receive points just like a regular wrestling tournament and the top 2 place. Gotta figure out prizes probably nothing too great besides pride unless Jon can help us out with something!

Giftcard to Wellmans or something

Let me know what you are thinking and if you are in or not!

One of the biggest concerns would be who is the 'starter' but hopefully we can figure out something on that. The draft would happen days before tournament before seedings came out

Sounds awesome. I have never heard of anyone doing this! Im also not sure if I would qualify, but if I do I would totally be in!

what we'll do is whoever wants to get in on it post saying your in then i'll just pick 10! wish i could have more ppl involved but there is just not enough wrestlers to go around.

its a lot more fun for ncaa because theres more studs to score big points but since its free....why not?

I would probably be interested in doing this too if we can figure out the draft. I've done these before but always done a "live draft."

Serpentine style draft. 1-10, 10th picker gets the 11th and back up to 1?

10th could be a great spot or first with metcalf picking bonus points up all over...your 20th pick will be big for the 1st guy

and how can we set up a live one?

chat room or something would be ideal

Last edited:
yeah a chat room would be the best bet so other posts don't hamper things. Does HN have a chat feature? Was trying to think of a twitter way to do it but everyone would have to sign up and follow everyone else.

COVERITLIVE.COM - Pricing
Cover It Live basic appears to be free, would that be an option. I believe that is the service Hamilton used to cover big tens last year

sounds like a plan to me austin i forgot bout that website..they use it for all wrestling events usually

This isnt my idea of fantasy wrestling. My idea of fantasy wrestling involves a kiddie pool, the cast of "Charlies Angles" and a couple pallets of baby oil.

Latest posts