Big Ten Title?

Sorry guys but 1 win is not going to make me get overly optimistic with this team. They have still fell apart 3 times when they had double digit leads. Right now Marble is hot, we seen him disappear for awhile last year. This team still struggles to hit the perimeter shot at times and we gave seen them struggle at the line. We seen OSU miss wide open threes down the stretch, shots that Wisconsin always seem to make.

Trust me, I see the potential on this team and nobody wants to see them succeed more than I do. But 1 big win does not convince me they can win the conference. I still see a team that is 2-3 against the RPI top 25.

Seriously man, it's saw, not seen. Not exactly difficult either. Go Hawks and go grammar!

I think Michigan is got to be in the conversation they're 3-0 with 2 road wins. Evenwithout mcgary they still got 2 probable future nba players on their team in stausks and Robinson. The schedule is an interesting obstacle, but we just crossed one of them with this win on the road. So one more of those or Wisconsin slip up against someone they shouldn't lose to we're back on the same playing field.

Take a quick look at who the top 5 teams don't play and ranked them 1 to 5 easiest to hardest. Of course we are 5, but MSU has similiar schedule as Iowa does they don't get Wisconsin at home while we miss Indiana at home. Ohio state u could argue may have an easier schedule then Wisconsin so that makes today's win even bigger. Now we just need Wisconsin probably to lose one or 2 against a team shouldn't and then Iowa play on par with Michigan State. Doubtful, but I'd put us as the 3rd most likely at this point.

1.Wisconsin doesn't play @MSU,@OSU, PennSt, Nebraska
2.Ohio state doesn't play @Mich, @NW, Wisc, Ind
3.Michigan doesn't play @NW, @PSU, OSU, Ill
4.Michigan State doesn't play @Minn, @Neb, Purdue, Wisc
5. Iowa doesn't play @Pur, @Neb, PSU, Ind

I love our schedule. I want Wisconsin, Ohio State, Michigan and Michigan State twice. If any of these teams want to win the conference championship they have to go through the Hawks 1st. It's a lot more fun playing the contenders than it is playing the bottom feeders...especially when we're good enough to compete.

I'm convinced Mich is the only team that could contend to be in the top 4 conversation and will be the ones who come out of the Mich/Ind/MN group to get 5th. But who knows, NW beating Illinois is mindblowing.

Reminds me of some of Iowas losses last year actually.

I think MSU is better than Wisconsin and I think they win at the Kohl Center. If they get healthy and stay healthy.
Wisconsin/MSU
Iowa
OSU
MICH/MINN
IND
ILL, etc.

I think MSU is significantly better than Wisconsin, OSU and Iowa are better than Wisky too but they do have the schedule advantage.

Wisconsin has been doing it with smoke and mirrors IMO with this 4 guard lineup none of whom are that good other than Decker. People are gonna figure it out and start pounding them down low.

Latest posts