Big Ten Title?

bcl20

Okay, it's too early to talk about such things but considering we have a road win at one of the four contenders (Wisconsin, Iowa, Michigan State, Ohio State is the way I see it) we kind of have a leg up on every one.

I think the title comes down to who ever holds serve at home against the top teams and whomever can beat the middle of the pack teams (Minnesota, Illinois, Michigan, Indiana) on the road. Okay, this is probably the case every year but I'm just giddy about being able to talk about this in relation to an Iowa basketball team.

I follow your logic and would agree. However, Wisconsin is still a game up IMO. They don't have to go to Ohio State or Michigan State.

Let's just see them win as many as possible. They proved today they can win anywhere now they just have to keep it up.

I follow your logic and would agree. However, Wisconsin is still a game up IMO. They don't have to go to Ohio State or Michigan State.
Ah, crap. Didn't realize that. No wonder Fran was so PO'd that game.

Iowa gets first @win against title contender this season so that's a huge plus. But, yeah, it sucks that Wisky gets a couple of byes.

All I will say is the Hawks will be in the hunt, along with Bucky, MSU, and probably still OSU. Fall off after that, esp with IL looking so bad.

No way, schedule is to tough. I will be happy with a top 5 finish in the B1G and a decent seed in the tournament.

March will be fun!

No way, schedule is to tough. I will be happy with a top 5 finish in the B1G and a decent seed in the tournament.

March will be fun!

You serious about this Clark? I want to start aiming a little higher than bubblitis. I say top 3 finish in the conf. and a nice run in the BIG tourney.

All I will say is the Hawks will be in the hunt, along with Bucky, MSU, and probably still OSU. Fall off after that, esp with IL looking so bad.
Yeah, they'll be in the hunt. But Wisky's schedule puts them a game up.

The four you mention are a class above the rest. Minny and Mich might be able to inch close to that group but doubtful to make that class larger.

March will be fun!

It's rare Kelley but we're going to agree to disagree here. We've shown we can play with anyone. Michigan State has looked a bit more vulnerable at home this year. I think we're in this right up to the end...14-4 and 2nd place being my ongoing prediction but would love to be shooting 1 too low.

Yeah, they'll be in the hunt. But Wisky's schedule puts them a game up.

The four you mention are a class above the rest. Minny and Mich might be able to inch close to that group but doubtful to make that class larger.

This. Minney is a chucker team with no inside game. If they are hot they will pull an upset or two at the barn. MI not sure how to read them.......

1-4 Iowa, MSU, Wisconsin, OSU Like Windsor pointed out, Wisconsin has the advantage with the unbalance schedule.
5-9 Michigan, Illinois, Minnesota, Purdue and Indiana
10-12 Nebraska, PSU and Northwestern. I thought Nebby has a shot at 7-9 but they are off to a rough start. Granted they have played 3 of their first 4 on the road.

Sorry guys but 1 win is not going to make me get overly optimistic with this team. They have still fell apart 3 times when they had double digit leads. Right now Marble is hot, we seen him disappear for awhile last year. This team still struggles to hit the perimeter shot at times and we gave seen them struggle at the line. We seen OSU miss wide open threes down the stretch, shots that Wisconsin always seem to make.

Trust me, I see the potential on this team and nobody wants to see them succeed more than I do. But 1 big win does not convince me they can win the conference. I still see a team that is 2-3 against the RPI top 25.

We are definitely in the conversation. However, Wisc's schedule is too favorable. How I see it (and most others)... in order and in tiers...

1-4: Wisc, MSU, Iowa, OSU
5-8: Mich, Indiana, Minn, Illinois
9-12: Purdue, Neb, PSU, NW

I almost kept OSU ahead of Iowa... but 10 points on the road? We're flat out better.

We are definitely in the conversation. However, Wisc's schedule is too favorable. How I see it (and most others)... in order and in tiers...

1-4: Wisc, MSU, Iowa, OSU
5-8: Mich, Indiana, Minn, Illinois
9-12: Purdue, Neb, PSU, NW

I almost kept OSU ahead of Iowa... but 10 points on the road? We're flat out better.

This seems reasaonable 4 games in. IL may just go to crap. Mich/Ind/MN fighting for 5th perhaps....

I see a team that is currently #5 on Kenpom and has shown it can play with any team home or away. That home or away part is important. We lost all of those tough games last year. I've seen years like that before. I kind of got the feeling today that Marble, White and Basabe have grown tired of losing these types of games...not to say this doesn't apply to others on the team as well. Fran also had some new things going with his rotation late. I have a great deal of confidence in this team.

This seems reasaonable 4 games in. IL may just go to crap. Mich/Ind/MN fighting for 5th perhaps....

I'm convinced Mich is the only team that could contend to be in the top 4 conversation and will be the ones who come out of the Mich/Ind/MN group to get 5th. But who knows, NW beating Illinois is mindblowing.

Well if we win the Big Ten then that would most likely mean we would be a #1 seed. Honestly can't picture that happening but a man can dream. The Big Ten is a grinder. Night in and night out you have to bring it. We have depth so that should help. Looking at our schedule we don't have a tougher game than the one we had today until March 6 @MSU.

I'm convinced Mich is the only team that could contend to be in the top 4 conversation and will be the ones who come out of the Mich/Ind/MN group to get 5th. But who knows, NW beating Illinois is mindblowing.

I only watched the last 6 or 7 minutes but sitting back for 25 seconds while a guy stands at half court and dribbles seems like a bad idea...especially when you have athletic pressing type players. Illinois gave that one away IMO.

Latest posts