Big Ten Title?

tdia

We lose to wisconsin, beat michigan state and win out!! Wisconsin wins out! Michigan state loses to us and wins out. What happens to the big ten title? We all would have a loss to each other but beat each other!

BCS ranking

He was asking about the Big 10 title...not the BCS. It would be a split Big 10 title... BCS and Rose Bowl is a whole other story. But that's the least of this teams worries. Capable of getting on a run but things need to click fast!

Last edited:
With two losses we obviously drop behind michigan state or wisconsin in the bcs but do you think we jump michigan state at the end of the year with one big ten loss!

would be a split title, Rose Bowl birth goes to highest ranked BCS team in the event of a 3 way tie ...

He was asking about the Big 10 title...not the BCS. It would be a split Big 10 title...

Nah I think H8 is right the BCS rankings eventually come in as a tie breaker in that scenario. There is no such thing as a shared title anymore, because 2 teams can't go to the BCS as B10 Champion.

We'd all be Big Ten champions. I'm not sure who would go to the Rose Bowl though.

That's something that gives me perspective though. Even with the loss we still get a trophy that says "Big Ten Champion" if we don't lose another game.

Nah I think H8 is right the BCS rankings eventually come in as a tie breaker in that scenario. There is no such thing as a shared title anymore, because 2 teams can't go to the BCS as B10 Champion.

On the contrary titles can be shared and that's why there are many a tie-breakers out there to determine bowl slotting.

On the contrary titles can be shared and that's why there are many a tie-breakers out there to determine bowl slotting.

Iowa has a share of the 2002 and 2004 titles because they still recognize shared champions.

? just curious the arizona loss could really hurt us but i think given the opportunity we get picked ahead of michigan state or any other big ten team for that matter!

? just curious the arizona loss could really hurt us but i think given the opportunity we get picked ahead of michigan state or any other big ten team for that matter!

the Arizona game means nothing...the Big 10 will be a complete mess if we win next week

Well if you want to claim that then yes, feel free. The winner of the B10 goes to the BCS as the B10 champion. No one outside of the B10 would acknowledge you as the champion if you weren't the automatic qualifier. You don't make T-Shirts that say 2010 Big Ten Champs if you share the title and go to the Capital One Bowl.

Well if you want to claim that then yes, feel free. The winner of the B10 goes to the BCS as the B10 champion. No one outside of the B10 would acknowledge you as the champion if you weren't the automatic qualifier. You don't make T-Shirts that say 2010 Big Ten Champs if you share the title and go to the Capital One Bowl.

So with that logic there were no 2002 or 2004 Big Ten Champs shirts printed up? and then also you mean to tell me if MSU lost to Iowa next week and Wiscy were to slip and OSU wins our that MSU wouldn't be recognized as Big 10 Champs? Flawed logic. Nonetheless the BCS is king but split champions are still recognized.

Yes with the realignment of the big ten for the future, an outright big ten title really seamed like a realistic dream!

Latest posts