Big Ten Spring Football Topics

It pains me to read that Scheelhasse is looking so good. A legacy player that is going to come back and haunt the Hawks for three years starting in 2011? With Illinois?
Elusive qbs like Nate have always given Iowa problems,and it sounds like he has the Randle El feet working for him....ouch.

I watched the taped replay of the Michigan spring game in Iowa City Saturday evening. I noticed many of the Michigan linemen had pot bellies of various sizes. Looking at the Wisconsin replays later Saturday night and observing the Iowa linemen earlier in the day it seems to me Iowa and Wisconsin linemen are leaner and appear to be quicker.

Based on my observations I think Iowa and Wisconsin may have an edge over Michigan in line play.

Also saw some of the Indiana spring game Saturday night. That team looked slow compared to Iowa and Ohio State.

Spring attendance at B10 stadiums

OSU with over 60k
PSU north of 50K
Michigan north of 30K
Iowa and Wisconsin nearly identical at 23k

If there wasnt so many fun things to do in IOWA and Wisconsin, the turn outs may have been a lot larger.

Quite right! I was at the ocean beach down by the mountains breathing the clean air and drinking from the cool, clear pools of water. Can't beat the Midwest in the early spring!

If there wasnt so many fun things to do in IOWA and Wisconsin, the turn outs may have been a lot larger.

The irony to Henery Hawks poking fun at Iowa & Wisconsin is that in Ohio, apparently there ARE NOT any better things to do, in Spring, than waddle your desperately needing exercise fat butt in to see a bunch of really in shape dude run around for a couple of hours.

:rolleyes:

It pains me to read that Scheelhasse is looking so good. A legacy player that is going to come back and haunt the Hawks for three years starting in 2011? With Illinois?
Elusive qbs like Nate have always given Iowa problems,and it sounds like he has the Randle El feet working for him....ouch.

I have hope that the all knowing Zooker will negate his talents

Latest posts