Big Ten Pulse: My involvement

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
The BTN is deciding to go in a different direction on The Pulse. I am very thankful for the chance to do something like this on a national stage as it was a lifelong dream come true. I am also thankful that I will still be working with the BTN in a reporter role from Iowa City throughout the year as I have been for the last three home games.

The folks at the BTN are good folks and were always straight up; I knew going in to this there were no guarantees, and they just feel that the chemistry did not develop to the point of where they wanted it to be. I have nothing against them or anyone involved and again just very thankful that they think enough of me to keep the relationship open and being able to keep working with them. It was great to get to know LeCharles and I certainly wish him well in his endeavors, too

Thanks for all of the kind comments many of you have offered up through the months...now, I can go back to shaving my eyebrows exactly how I want them ;)

Jon - you can say there are no hard feelings against BTN, but I am going to lead a boycott BTN charge on behalf of all of your fans. We cannot be silenced.

Jon, from what I saw it seemed like you had been on TV a long time and knew how to work with someone on screen, and had solid opinions. LeCharles, had a poor delivery IMO and was slow/repetitive a lot of the time. You could also see the OSU homer coming out of him often. I think many people said it in another thread, but you needed a new co-host.

Sucks. I really thought you did a great job on the show. Oh well, may leader to bigger and better things for you down the road.

LeCharles is the man. I thought you were good on the show Jon. They should have given you guys some more time together.

Yeah that is really too bad--- so let me get this right, lebron is staying and Jon got dumped? WTF? Yes, i'm biased and on the hawkeye side, but from a production stand point i guess it was pretty clear that Jon was the better commentator in terms of how he carried himself, spoke, etc..... is the show itself cancelled then? Too bad Jon, best of luck, i kinda have thought in general the over all BTN format this fall isn't NEARLY as good as last years--- Last Year they had a good show on monday through thursday highlighting from last week and then progressing into that week's game--- and then they saved friday with the tailgating show--- well done.... this year--- not so much---- even the revamped tailgating show isn't as good.... it's almost like they over thought the format this year and made the mistake of fixing something that wasn't broken!!!

Jon I hear they have an opening on this radio station in DSm. kXnO i believe...

LOL. I am done with morning shows unless I have no other means with which to provide for my family. That is not the case. The morning show was not going to last beyond this football season, regardless. I nearly turned it in back in January, actually.

I thought it was a good show & something the Big10 needed. They need a different kind of opinion show or show to touch on happening topics with Big10 teams.

Were the ratings not there or something?

I mean how many times can one watch the Big 10 Campus Spotlight shows?

Keep your head up Jon. Something else will come down the pipe. You can always do a show from my Hawkeye basement in Ankeny.

Keep your head up Jon. Something else will come down the pipe. You can always do a show from my Hawkeye basement in Ankeny.

My head is not down at all, other than just being a competitor. But seriously, I don't have a disease, no one I care about is in pain or suffering and this was a great opportunity and the door is not closed.

Jon was clearly the stronger of the two hosts on The Pulse. I like the BTN but I will say the rest of the analysis shows are all just different configurations of the same half dozen personalities and they can be repetitive from time to time. The Network needs to expand its talent list and Jon was a good addition IMO.

My head is not down at all, other than just being a competitor. But seriously, I don't have a disease, no one I care about is in pain or suffering and this was a great opportunity and the door is not closed.

Jon,
The door is not closed to doing a show in my basement? This is great news for me. Joking. Great attitude buddy.

i loved the Pulse and Jon i thought you did a hell of job and certainly carried the show. Disappointing as i looked forward to seeing it weekly.

Soooo...

Is the show done all together?
Is it just you who is not coming back, or are you and LeCharles not coming back?

This is a bummer.

Soooo...

Is the show done all together?
Is it just you who is not coming back, or are you and LeCharles not coming back?

This is a bummer.

If LeCharles stayed and Jon went, the BTN would have some issues. I say Jon and DiNardo would be a good duo.

I thought it was a solid show covering the Big Ten. Not sure what they expected...bigger ratings? So,is the Pulse going away,or just you?

I thought both LaCharles and Jon were fine. Kind of a street opininon vs the analytical opinion. Maybe you bashed Tim Brewster once too many times?

Bad move by the BTN...it was a good show.

Latest posts