Big Ten Nation coming together

I would have been pulling for ISU - but after the idiot cyclown fans we have on this board I would rather see them get beat down so they will shut it. Don't want them to have any B12 better than B10 ammo. I get enough of that from national media I don't need to from the clowns.

I'll be pulling for little bro. Brewster is such a cheesy wanker...and I can't pull for the Rodents unless they are playing an SEC or Texas team. Their fans are such pathetic bandwagoners.

Yeah, ISU has some douchetool fans, but they are Iowans...and hey, even if they win their game and we drop ours, losing in the Orange Bowl (god forbid) is still a bigger accomplishment than winning in the Insight.

B-C-S.

Big 10 fans seem to have anger issues towards the facts, and then blame it on ESPN.

If I am correct, the Big 10 has not had a winning bowl season since 2002. We routinely get curb-stomped in BCS games.

One win against Miami is not going to change the (accurate) perception that the Big 10 cannot compete in bowls over night. Not only do we need a winning bowl record and at least one BCS win, but we need to do it over a couple of years.

Until then, I won't have a problem with Big 10 bashing.

I will pull for ISU vs. MN, but Big 10 schools in the rest of the games. I have never pulled for a team as hard as Wisky last night without Iowa in the name.

Look. tOSU really got us in this mess when they got throttled by both Florida and LSU in the BCS title games. It's going to be up to them to get us out. If the Big 10 goes 3-4 with tOSU winning I think we start getting some respect our direction. If we go 5-2 or 4-3 and tOSU loses, it's another year of Big 10 hatred.

Jon, I completely understand that and personally I can handle another year of "the b10 is weak" especially if Iowa and Penn State take care of business.

If tOSU does lose and the Hawks and Lions win I think you might see people down on tOSU more than the B10. The B10 will have beaten the #1 ACC and the #3 SEC teams. Unfortunately in the national perception (ie ESPN) a Penn State win might be looked at better than an Iowa win, especially with the egg Miami laid last night. But as we've said all season, a win is a win.

Besides it goes against every fiber in my being to root for tOSU. Three teams in College Football I hate, in order:
1. tOSU
2. Nebraska
3. Any team from Florida

Of course you're the professional and I'm just the guy who showed up an hour early for work so I could spend some time on this board and lurk on the GT boards. :)

That's dedication that NOONE can fault! Nice job! Take a 3 day weekend!

Look. tOSU really got us in this mess when they got throttled by both Florida and LSU in the BCS title games. It's going to be up to them to get us out. If the Big 10 goes 3-4 with tOSU winning I think we start getting some respect our direction. If we go 5-2 or 4-3 and tOSU loses, it's another year of Big 10 hatred.

I think it will take more than one year until I start giving the Big 10 credit. One good season does not make up for the previous 7 bad ones.

Seriously, I am rooting for every big 10 team. I was fired up watching Wisconsin and so badly want the conf. to win them all and shut the media uo.

I think it will take more than one year until I start giving the Big 10 credit. One good season does not make up for the previous 7 bad ones.

Its only because Ohio State gets handled and every team in the big ten has to play one up in the bowl games , and playing teams on their home field basically.

Have a tourney on neutral sites , things would be different.

Playing LSU in new orleans , playing Florida in any one of what 4 bowl games in florida? or any SEC team playing those?

Texas at the Alamo Bowl?

USC / Arizona , UCLA at the rose bowl ?

We start playing these games at sites half way between somewhere , instead of one team traveling 5 or more states away to play another team in a field they played on during the year or a conference team field.

It would be like Iowa playing GT at the Shoe...

I know that's not all football is , but it certainly helps when your team has played on , or lives one state away on the field your playing on for your bowl game..fans get tickets easier and will make the short little trip , meanwhile people from the Big Ten and Big 12 usually end up traveling coast to coast.

i wont be routing for OSU because every time o do they get spanked , reverse psychology.

I am tired of the lack of respect for the Big 10 but the 2 biggest hurdles they face are location and that time off between bowls compared to other conferences. Next year is going to be a little bit better but that difference hurts. Plus the Big 10 plays in some strong bowls which are given more coverage usually against teams that are better. USC beating Illinois who might have been the worst BCS team ever this side of any Notre Dame BCS team or Pitt in 2005. Texas last year who might have been the best team against Ohio State who wasn't as good as they had been. If the Big 10 is going to change the perception, like its been said, Iowa and The Bucks are going to have to step up and win in the BCS.

Its only because Ohio State gets handled and every team in the big ten has to play one up in the bowl games , and playing teams on their home field basically.

Have a tourney on neutral sites , things would be different.

Can you imagine the logistical nightmare of trying to get fanbases to go to different cities 2 or 3 times in 2 or 3 weeks. This is the point NOBODY talks about when they mention the BCS vs. Playoffs. It would be near impossible for that too happen. Most fans/students blow their wad on 1 trip to Miami, But asking fans to go to Miami, then somewhere else like Dallas, then maybe Los Angeles in 3 weeks is too much to do. Plus when do you play the playoffs? The weekends where they have to compete with the NFL? You would have to do homesite games during the week.

Could you imagine Florida having to come to Kinnick Stadium in late December?
USC going to Columbus for New Years?
Alabama in Happy Valley at Christmas.

One things for sure, you'd have those self important talking heads whining that the Big 10/Big East/Any Big 12 team north of Oklahoma..... wait that won't happen; will have a great advantage, which is why PLAYOFF?!?!! won't work in college football

C'mon...you're using location as an excuse for a conference with the best traveling fan bases in the country. We had a much shorter trip to the Orange Bowl than USC. We routinely outnumber our opponents in fans at the bowl games. What could you possibly be referring to with regard to location being a disadvantage? Both teams travel to the bowl site well in advance and spend a fair amount of time away from home.

The fact of the matter is that the Big Ten has been getting beaten in bowl games lately...and Iowa has performed well. That does not mean that Iowa is the best team in the Big Ten...that is obviously tOSU. Bowl games are little more than an indication of which team on the field is better - and sometimes even that is up for debate. Everyone wants to put all this weight on bowl records...go ahead and look at who is playing who...it's obvious that the Big Ten plays a much tougher schedule in their bowl games than other conferences - that's not an excuse...it's just the way it is. The Pac 10 played against 2 MWC teams this year and got pounded in both games.

In actuality playing up in bowl games is a good thing for the conference...it makes it much tougher for the talking heads to disregard a good bowl performance. If we win 2 BCS games...beat the best non BCS SEC team...a highly touted Miami squad...at the very least you can't say we suck. I would argue that...this year the Big Ten is the best conference in the country.

Last point...when Michigan finally gets it together and returns to being a national power it will help the entire conference. I've always said that when you've got two national powers in Michigan and Ohio St it acts as a buffer for the conference because if they finish 1 and 2...everyone else ends up playing down a game in the bowls. If you are able to finish ahead of one or both of them in the standings...most likely that means you are legit. But for now...I'm enjoying Michigan being terrible.

I have absolutely no tolerance for the whole argument that "The Big 10 has to play harder teams in the bowls".

For one, that is a massively weak excuse because even out best teams get killed in BCS bowls. However, even in the non-BCS bowls, the matchups were fairly even.

In the Cap one, MSU and Georgia were both ranked in the teens and had identical 9-3 records. Georgia wins by 12. The Insight, both Kansas and Minny has 7-5 records. Kansas wins by 21. The Alamo matched up 9-3 Northwestern vs. 9-4 Mizzou. Mizzou wins by 7.

Then, there were two unevenly matched games. FSU vs. Wisconsin was an advantage for FSU (FSU was 8-4 and Wisky was 7-5). Still, Wisky got pounded by 29. Iowa had the advantage against SCar with an 8-4 record vs. 7-5.

So, in conclusion, last year, of the 7 Bowl games the Big 10 played, they had a better or identical record than their opponent in 5 of those games. Overall record? 1-6.

So don't feed me this crap about the Big 10 being at a matchup disadvantage for the Bowls. The reason they lost those bowls is because the talent was not there.