Big Ten Nation coming together

Hawkchop

It seems in the wake of all the negative talk, all the big ten fans have thrown out their hate for others this bowl season in hopes of shutting the rest of the nation up.

Just looked at the Wisconsin board and there is a thread 5 pages long from big ten fans congratulating...good to see. Here's to a solid bowl season! and then back to hating each other next season!

It seems in the wake of all the negative talk, all the big ten fans have thrown out their hate for others this bowl season in hopes of shutting the rest of the nation up.

Just looked at the Wisconsin board and there is a thread 5 pages long from big ten fans congratulating...good to see. Here's to a solid bowl season! and then back to hating each other next season!

Kind of like my brother growing up. He used to like to pound on me regularly. Anyone else though, he had my back.

Seriously, I think every B10 fan is tired of the bashing. I hope every player is too.

First and foremost I'm a Hawkeye fan and then a fan of college football. I could see pulling for the rest of the Big 10 if I thought it made a difference in the final rankings but it doesn't. And I'll never get sick of seeing big, bad OSU get the cocky pound out of them.

Is this new? I have always cheered for the Big Ten in non-conference games. Figured everyone else did the same.

I liked seeing Wisconsin win that game. I will be rooting for Iowa State to beat Minnesota however, as I cannot stand Brewster...and I don't think I minded USC whooping Illinois in the Rose Bowl a few years ago. I'd like to see Sparty win, and will be rooting for NW, and Ohio State against Oregon...that's a big one.

I want Penn State to beat LSU, but ONLY because of the image for the league. I have grown to dislike a certain segment of the Penn State fanbase.

As much as I want to see the B10 do well over the next week I can't bring myself to root for tOSU. I hope Oregon hands them their helmets.

I will be pulling for all the Big 10 teams. Although it is hard not to pull for ISU.

As much as I want to see the B10 do well over the next week I can't bring myself to root for tOSU. I hope Oregon hands them their helmets.

If that happens, its another offseason of the Big Ten sucks...if that happens, people will devalue Iowa's effort at the Shoe.

Let's face it, Iowa and Penn State could win their bowl games, and if Ohio State gets handed, it will not matter with regards to perception.

If that happens, its another offseason of the Big Ten sucks...if that happens, people will devalue Iowa's effort at the Shoe.

Let's face it, Iowa and Penn State could win their bowl games, and if Ohio State gets handed, it will not matter with regards to perception.

Jon, I completely understand that and personally I can handle another year of "the b10 is weak" especially if Iowa and Penn State take care of business.

If tOSU does lose and the Hawks and Lions win I think you might see people down on tOSU more than the B10. The B10 will have beaten the #1 ACC and the #3 SEC teams. Unfortunately in the national perception (ie ESPN) a Penn State win might be looked at better than an Iowa win, especially with the egg Miami laid last night. But as we've said all season, a win is a win.

Besides it goes against every fiber in my being to root for tOSU. Three teams in College Football I hate, in order:
1. tOSU
2. Nebraska
3. Any team from Florida

Of course you're the professional and I'm just the guy who showed up an hour early for work so I could spend some time on this board and lurk on the GT boards. :)

I have absolutely no problem rooting for the other big ten teams. It was a little awkward last nite tho cheering for bucky and BB. I'm in the camp of being sick of the national folks ripping on us. And yes, I will be rooting big time for the buckeyes as well!

If OSU wins and are one of the only B10 wins, it will be a lot more of "OSU is the class of a weak league and OSU is overrated most of the time."

An ISU win will bring out a lot more of the B12 north militants.

An Iowa win will go largely unappreciated because its a clash of the 2 "weak confrences."

An Iowa loss will go a little ways towards the "B10 is the worse BCS League."

PSU, and MSU wins would be pretty big for the confrence although the T Tech would slightly diminish the MSU win.

Wisky was a good win.

On the other hand.........

After doing seven years in Columbus it is hard for me to cheer for OSU. But you are correct, the big ten needs a win from OSU.

Jom nailed it. The absolute must wins for the big the are tOSU, Penn State, Iowa and to an extent Wisky's win last night. 9 wins teams need to go out and win their bowl games.

Look the Wisconsin's win last night, they beat a 15th rank opponant. So its likely that they will be ranked somewhere in the teens next year. Argue as much as you want the preseason/early season rank doesnt matter, and I will argue that beating ranked opponants at any point in the season matters.

Lets see as many Big Ten teams win their games and crack the top 25 next year so we can beat them and make a true run at the big one!

"I want Penn State to beat LSU, but ONLY because of the image for the league. I have grown to dislike a certain segment of the Penn State fanbase."

I am curious, Jon - who is this segment? FWIW, in our two trips to Happy Valley (2002 & 2009) the PSU fans that we met were nothing but classy and gracious in defeat. And the ones that came to IC in 2008 and got their hearts broke were OK, too.

"I want Penn State to beat LSU, but ONLY because of the image for the league. I have grown to dislike a certain segment of the Penn State fanbase."

I am curious, Jon - who is this segment? FWIW, in our two trips to Happy Valley (2002 & 2009) the PSU fans that we met were nothing but classy and gracious in defeat. And the ones that came to IC in 2008 and got their hearts broke were OK, too.

They are the ones Jon made mad by saying they were overrated all summer, into the fall, even now still referencing it. :D I personally got a kick out of it, but I think he got a lot of backlash from some of the zealots over there.

I personally do not like Penn State fans as well. So I agree with Jon, out of all the Big Ten fans, those are the ones I cannot stand. Maybe it is because I lived in PA before but I have other friends and family from Ohio and Michigan and the PSU still bother me the most.

I don't know about the rest of you but I caught myself cheering for wisconsin like they were my own team. My wife said it seemed like Iowa was playing. Need a good shower now.

I have absolutely no problem rooting for the other big ten teams. It was a little awkward last nite tho cheering for bucky and BB. I'm in the camp of being sick of the national folks ripping on us. And yes, I will be rooting big time for the buckeyes as well!

+1

yeah, that... right on! :)

I will be pulling for all the Big 10 teams. Although it is hard not to pull for ISU.

I would have been pulling for ISU - but after the idiot cyclown fans we have on this board I would rather see them get beat down so they will shut it. Don't want them to have any B12 better than B10 ammo. I get enough of that from national media I don't need to from the clowns.