Big Ten Conference RPI

Pretty much did it again this year also, but it plays into Iowa's favor.

What is the issue with UNI doing it?

Once they get into conference season they only get a shot at playing what 3 teams at most who will get national recognition as a quality opponent.

They played a pretty solid pre-season schedule.

Louisville
UNLV
Memphis

No issues from me, the only issues I have with teams doing this is when we start hearing from clown fans how the Mountain West is better than the B1G because the RPI says so.

I always thought the mountain west was stronger then the big 10. Nice to finally see some undeniable proof. We should probably start doing a big 10 mountain west challenge. It would suck watching the big 10 get embarrassed tho.

That's some weak trolling there. A good troll always has the hint of believability.

What is the issue with UNI doing it?

Once they get into conference season they only get a shot at playing what 3 teams at most who will get national recognition as a quality opponent.

They played a pretty solid pre-season schedule.

Louisville
UNLV
Memphis

People use the RPI like it or not. UNI has a better RPI then Iowa,even before beating Creighton last night. Does that that make sense to you?

I have an off topic question relating to UNI. Does their winning streak/potential conf championship help or hurt us? Creighton, wsu could become bubble teams. Heck it could be considered a quality win pretty soon.

That's some weak trolling there. A good troll always has the hint of believabilia ty.

That was a "being extreme to show the OP how ridiculous the idea was that the mountain west was better then the big 10" post. Not an attempt to troll.

I knew where you were going PC. I was just throwing a little fuel on the fire to also demonstrate how inane the OP was.

I have an off topic question relating to UNI. Does their winning streak/potential conf championship help or hurt us? Creighton, wsu could become bubble teams. Heck it could be considered a quality win pretty soon.

Since UNI is in the top 100 (currently 78th) of the RPI they are already considered a quality win. The qualtiy win improves if they were to get into the top 50, which would be tough for them to do considering their schedule.

Also, Iowa State got hammered with their loss at Texas as they slipped down to 53rd in the RPI. Iowa actually dropped a few spots because of it (currently 95th).

I the MWC gets more than 4 teams in, that will hurt Iowa. Some experts say 6 MWC teams will make it. I say NO WAY.

Latest posts