Big Ten 2024 schedule

guffus

Announcement is coming shortly. Brett McMurphy has posted a sneak peak of some games from the 2024 Big Ten schedule.

Big Ten’s 2024 conference schedule, sources told @ActionNetworkHQ, includes:

Michigan at USC
Ohio State at UCLA
Wisconsin at Michigan
Iowa at USC
UCLA at Michigan
Wisconsin at USC
Nebraska at UCLA
Iowa at Ohio State
USC at Penn State
UCLA at Iowa

Announcement is coming shortly. Brett McMurphy has posted a sneak peak of some games from the 2024 Big Ten schedule.

Big Ten’s 2024 conference schedule, sources told @ActionNetworkHQ, includes:

Michigan at USC
Ohio State at UCLA
Wisconsin at Michigan
Iowa at USC
UCLA at Michigan
Wisconsin at USC
Nebraska at UCLA
Iowa at Ohio State
USC at Penn State
UCLA at Iowa
Penn State doesn't have any marquee road games?

Just checked their schedule, someone must want them to win the Big. They will be favored in all but possible two games, Ohio State and USC at home. Split, and probable are Big Ten champs. This is a gift to Penn State.

And apparently no protected rivals for PSU either.
It kind of makes sense. They are a relative newcomer to the B1G so they don't have any long standing rivalries. Maybe Maryland? Their designated last game of the year was Michigan State. Yawn. Other than that, they seem to give Ohio State and Michigan fits from time to time but would you want to sign up to play them every year? Probably not.

I'm (finally) retiring 60 days before the start of the 2024 FB season.

As a present to myself, I'm going to be an Iowa FB groupie and travel to every game, home and away, Lucas Oil (I hope) and any bowl games.

I think it'll be a very interesting traveling year!

It kind of makes sense. They are a relative newcomer to the B1G so they don't have any long standing rivalries. Maybe Maryland? Their designated last game of the year was Michigan State. Yawn. Other than that, they seem to give Ohio State and Michigan fits from time to time but would you want to sign up to play them every year? Probably not.
I am having this debate with my self wondering if the PSU fan base is the biggest bunch of f'ing d-bag a-holes who think they are better than everybody else. Or is it the opposite that they want to treat everybody thevsame and treat nobody like they are 2nd class.

I am leaning towards f'ing d-bG a-holes. They think they are too good to play Pitt every year even though that would be a fun rival game for the whole state of Penn. They think are too good for MD and Rutgers and even MSU. F them. They could have a lot fun with these games but I guess thats not their thing.

As a present to myself, I'm going to be an Iowa FB groupie and travel to every game, home and away, Lucas Oil (I hope) and any bowl games.

When I retired I did exactly what you have planned. Have been in every BT stadium, several numerous times. Now I am missing USC and UCLA.

Look for shuttles to away game stadiums.

When I retired I did exactly what you have planned. Have been in every BT stadium, several numerous times. Now I am missing USC and UCLA.
Excellent.

I've been to every B1G stadium sans Nebby.
As well, I'll need to hit the west-coasties.

I am having this debate with my self wondering if the PSU fan base is the biggest bunch of f'ing d-bag a-holes who think they are better than everybody else. Or is it the opposite that they want to treat everybody thevsame and treat nobody like they are 2nd class.

I am leaning towards f'ing d-bG a-holes. They think they are too good to play Pitt every year even though that would be a fun rival game for the whole state of Penn. They think are too good for MD and Rutgers and even MSU. F them. They could have a lot fun with these games but I guess thats not their thing.
Yeah. Pitt - PSU should be a yearly game. No reason to not make that game one of the highlights of the season, along with Mich/OSU.

When I lived in Pittsburgh the Pitt-Penn State game was an annual rivalry. There were some great games between them.

I for one love the new schedule, Purdue, Illinois, NW...were all snoozers and there's no reason to play them every year. Should add Minnesota to that list. The only protected games should be nebraska and Wisconsin.

However, eliminating divisions is going to concretely eliminate Iowa from ever fluking into the B1G game again. But being honest we are better off not winning a dog shit division and getting curb stomped by Michigan or OSU.

I for one love the new schedule, Purdue, Illinois, NW...were all snoozers and there's no reason to play them every year. Should add Minnesota to that list. The only protected games should be nebraska and Wisconsin.

However, eliminating divisions is going to concretely eliminate Iowa from ever fluking into the B1G game again. But being honest we are better off not winning a dog shit division and getting curb stomped by Michigan or OSU.
Minnesota vs Iowa has been a blood bath most years from back when we listened to the games on the radio, usually while pheasant hunting in Lyon County. There were years when Iowa fans refused to go back to the dome because of physical and verbal confrontations with goofer fans. Newspapers printed stories about fan’s antics Floyd was born in this rivalry, of course, over alleged racial and other conflicts. We tore down a goal post in Minneapolis, for goodness sake. I am guessing, Fry, that you are a clear minority on this position.

Minnesota vs Iowa has been a blood bath most years from back when we listened to the games on the radio, usually while pheasant hunting in Lyon County. There were years when Iowa fans refused to go back to the dome because of physical and verbal confrontations with goofer fans. Newspapers printed stories about fan’s antics Floyd was born in this rivalry, of course, over alleged racial and other conflicts. We tore down a goal post in Minneapolis, for goodness sake. I am guessing, Fry, that you are a clear minority on this position.
The Minnesota/Iowa game is a long ago dead relic for the geriatric set. The world has moved on. No one under the age of 65 gives a shit about that game anymore.

I think I will miss playing ILL and NW every year. Which is a weird thing to admit, because for years I hated playing NW every year.

Maybe it's because I grew up in Southeast Iowa, but I never really had strong feelings about Neb or Minn. It was Illinois that I hated, more for basketball reasons than football.

But I also know Iowa and Illinois football did not play for 5 years from 2009 to 2013, then Illinois football sucked until 2021, which didn't help people get interested in playing Illinois. So I get it. But I will miss playing Illinois anyway.

I think I will miss playing ILL and NW every year. Which is a weird thing to admit, because for years I hated playing NW every year.

Maybe it's because I grew up in Southeast Iowa, but I never really had strong feelings about Neb or Minn. It was Illinois that I hated, more for basketball reasons than football.

But I also know Iowa and Illinois football did not play for 5 years from 2009 to 2013, then Illinois football sucked until 2021, which didn't help people get interested in playing Illinois. So I get it. But I will miss playing Illinois anyway.
I will miss the story every game of Big Bert's Herky tat.

The Minnesota/Iowa game is a long ago dead relic for the geriatric set. The world has moved on. No one under the age of 65 gives a shit about that game anymore.
Of course, I have no proof, but I think you are dead wrong on two fronts. First, traditions survive generations, hence rivalries. Second, I have attended the Iowa vs MN game in Minny numerous times. Lots of Iowa fans. And, alumni in Minny metro is significant. So the world moves on and the Iowa vs Minny rivalry goes with it.

Not so sure about this. MN fans sell a stadium full of shirts that say they Hate Iowa. With it being as old of a rivalry as it is (longest one going) and Floyd and everything it's not going away anytime soon.

Latest posts