Big Recruiting Weekend

If we can Xavier Foster in 2020 and have 2 good years and appearing in NCAA tourney a couple more times, I think we can get a ourselves a really nice recruiting class.

I would hope to get top defensive mind player who likes to rebound. Somebody who plays mind games with opposing bigs and not to be afraid to sacrifice his body for the sake of getting the second chances and any point by him has to be a bonus for us! 6'7" and 210 lbs would do just great! I'm thinking of Dennis Rodman type of player.

I do believe that JoeT is a BodySlammer Atomic.....

Joe will go full WildBull on the opposition.....

:cool:

If we can Xavier Foster in 2020 and have 2 good years and appearing in NCAA tourney a couple more times, I think we can get a ourselves a really nice recruiting class.
The problem is if you sit down and run through our schedule this year making the dance seems like it’s going to be pretty tough. I wouldn’t call it a long shot, but I would put our odds at under 50%.

Then you lose Cook after this season and while you still return a decent nucleus the tournament would still be somewhat in question the following year.

We needed to land an impact guy in the 2019 class who could contribute right away and unfortunately it doesn’t look like that’s going to happen.

If PMAC had McDermott's size and still moved as well he would probably be a top 20 kid. Thing is he is very skinny. Which means he needs strength and conditioning for at least a couple years. That is what separates the top 20 from say the top 50. The skill and the man body.
Oh no doubt about it McDermott was pretty well put together. Not that he was huge and a finished product at 19 either but compared to PM at this stage it's not even close he is skinnier than what Uthoff was at that stage or close to it. And I can't say I know PMs game so much but from what little I have seen he don't seem to be a dead eye scorer so much as a facilitator type. The best facilitators out there still aren't valued as much because well scoring always is more valued rightly or wrongly. It just depends on the teams around them how their coached etc. Scoring is great but it's just one aspect of the game. If you are dominant at another area there's a role for you in D1 one ball.