Big East Done?

cyhawk55

It sounds like TCU to Big 12 is pretty much a done deal. It also sounds like Missouri to SEC is pretty much going to be a done deal also. Rumors are swirling that Louisville, West Virginia, and South Florida or Cinncinatti could also be joining TCU. This would mean the Big East could be done and the schools could make their conference jumps immediately. I'm also guessing that the ACC would probably absorb Rutgers and UConn and go to 16

Depends on if the ACC will add UConn & Rutgers. Otherwise there is a chance they could survive and look to take members from Conference USA for replacements.

As crazy as this sounds I think there is a chance they add Temple.

if the scenario happens that i stated above then it'll be conference USA taking them in not the big east taking conference USA teams

if the scenario happens that i stated above then it'll be conference USA taking them in not the big east taking conference USA teams

I don't think so. Conference USA offers nothing and I know football is king but the Big East is still a well respected basketball conference.

IMO, the Big East will restock with Conference USA and whatever is left in Conf USA will merge into Mountain West.

Last edited:
Missery letter to Sec.
I like you, do you like me, (insert yes box and no box) please check one.

Missouri's posing ... half the SEC has no interest in them, and Mizzou is still having wet dreams about the Big10

Missouri's posing ... half the SEC has no interest in them, and Mizzou is still having wet dreams about the Big10

Ya those stupid hillbillys are going to come crawling back to the Big 12.

As much as I would love to say:

gtfo.gif

ISU and the Big 12 needs them.

Big East will live on as a basketball and other sports conference. The Jesuit schools don't like UCF, USF, Cincinnati, Louisville, East Carolina, Memphis, or even Notre Dame.

big east currently sitting at 6 football schools. so, if they do not add at least one they will drop to non AQ status (NCAA by-laws state you must have 7 to get an auto bid). none of the remaining six would sign on for that. If miz goes to SEC (which i doubt) then Big XII likely snags louisville and pushes the big east even further down the drain.

either big east schools will have to add some C-USA teams or something along those lines, or they're gonna lose all football schools and somebody is gonna be left out.

someone mentioned Temple. weren't they in the big east not that long ago and dropped out, or was that ACC?

Big East will live on as a basketball and other sports conference. The Jesuit schools don't like UCF, USF, Cincinnati, Louisville, East Carolina, Memphis, or even Notre Dame.

Maybe but ND is ND they will do whatever to keep them around in some capacity.

big east currently sitting at 6 football schools. so, if they do not add at least one they will drop to non AQ status (NCAA by-laws state you must have 7 to get an auto bid). none of the remaining six would sign on for that. If miz goes to SEC (which i doubt) then Big XII likely snags louisville and pushes the big east even further down the drain.

either big east schools will have to add some C-USA teams or something along those lines, or they're gonna lose all football schools and somebody is gonna be left out.

someone mentioned Temple. weren't they in the big east not that long ago and dropped out, or was that ACC?

I think Big East in football.

True. But what happened 50 years ago doesn't mean sh*t in the realignment game of 2011.

True, but Hawkeye fans need to stop acting like they mean anything today in the grand scheme of things. Before you say anything I know the Big10 is not going anywhere and never will be done. You guys are lucky to be in your spot because you could easily be in my shoes.

Latest posts