Big 12 now stable

Texas and The Longhorn Network show otherwise.
As long as texa$$ is in the conference, it will never be stable. And Mizzou, Mizzou??

If Jim Delaney picked up the phone to whomever makes the decisions at Mizzou, the discussion would go somewhat like this:

Delaney-"Hi, this is Jim Delaney, "

Mizzou rep- "YES!!!!!!!"

Delaney,-"Uhh, ok. I was just calling to see if you can give me Mike Slive's phone number. It seems to have been erased from my phone somehow."

Mizzou rep-"Dammit!!!"

Stable...that's a funny word. They are "upping" the handcuffs and break-up language to make it harder to leave. Yeah, that sounds stable.

A great line from SI.com: "The conference that's chained together, stays together."

That's all they really can do, though.

Increase exit penalties.. and Texas still laughs all the way to the bank because they are allowed to have the LHN.

Good for ISU from taking some steps back from the brink.

But hopefully, they go forward much more cautious

I dislike the Cyclones,but I have enough ''Iowa'' pride that I did not want them to be totally screwed. I am pleased for a mulitude of reasons to see this supposed momentum toward superconferences stopped in its tracks. I hate the superconference concept. The Big Ten is at the perfect number,12,and I hope that is stays that way the rest of this century,anyway. Having an intact Big 12 helps keep it that way. Congrats to ISU for dodging the guillotine.

-6 year grant of tier 1 and 2 rights. If schools leave, the Big 12 keeps their rights for 6 years. pretty much guarantees 6 years of stability.

Has anyone heard how this is going to work with the Long Horn Network? How can Texas have their own network while the Big 12 owns their television rights?

The Big 12 is as stable as a moonshine still in the back of a pick-up truck going 70 mph down a gravel road.

Do you really think that will help their recruiting? Do you follow recruiting? Texas gets whoever they want anyway. They had 16 committments before ISU or Iowa had 1.

It won't help their recruiting against the likes of ISU or Kansas, or even Iowa for that matter. You are right, they already win those battles. It will help their battles with Abama, FL, OK, USC, etc. which will allow them to always dominate the Big12.

As long as texa$$ is in the conference, it will never be stable. And Mizzou, Mizzou??

If Jim Delaney picked up the phone to whomever makes the decisions at Mizzou, the discussion would go somewhat like this:

Delaney-"Hi, this is Jim Delaney, "

Mizzou rep- "YES!!!!!!!"

Delaney,-"Uhh, ok. I was just calling to see if you can give me Mike Slive's phone number. It seems to have been erased from my phone somehow."

Mizzou rep-"Dammit!!!"

Schools currently in the conference man up and beat Texas and won't leave the conference simply because they can't beat a single team. Must be tough to be a (former) national powerhouse and get your *** kicked year after year by the same team. Are you going to leave the B1G when Ohio State makes you their little *****?

Schools currently in the conference man up and beat Texas and won't leave the conference simply because they can't beat a single team. Must be tough to be a (former) national powerhouse and get your *** kicked year after year by the same team. Are you going to leave the B1G when Ohio State makes you their little *****?

Dude, ISU has beaten Texas exactly ONE TIME and that was in a year they went 5-7 as did ISU so that should tell you how bad Texas was last year, so don't act like ISU beats Texas all the time and can compete with Texas because they can't.

Last edited:
Dude, ISU has beaten Texas exactly ONE TIME and that was in a year they went 5-7 as did ISU so that should tell you how bad Texas was last year, so don't act like ISU beats Texas all the time and can compete with Texas because they can't.

Not talking ISU... look at rest of conference. ISU, Baylor, and K-State all put a beating on Texas. K-State has owned them last 5 years. Yet, only team from the weak Big 12 north that can't beat the almighty rich Longhorns??? Guess who? Its all in their head, and was a ****-poor excuse for wanting out of the conference.

Not talking ISU... look at rest of conference. ISU, Baylor, and K-State all put a beating on Texas. K-State has owned them last 5 years. Yet, only team from the weak Big 12 north that can't beat the almighty rich Longhorns??? Guess who? Its all in their head, and was a ****-poor excuse for wanting out of the conference.

They didn't want out because they couldn't beat Texas, they wanted out because unlike ISU they didn't want to be their betch and don't need Texas to survive.

And I will go out on a limb here but they will double their revenue as well so maybe that was another reason.

Just a rumor that I'm hearing but it sounds like Slive is in College Station tonight. The SEC and A&M may announce tomorrow prior to the game that A&M is heading to the SEC.

Again, just a rumor and not from very reliable sources.

The Aggiels are leaving the Big12. Nothing has changed from their stand-point.

Just a rumor that I'm hearing but it sounds like Slive is in College Station tonight. The SEC and A&M may announce tomorrow prior to the game that A&M is heading to the SEC.

Again, just a rumor and not from very reliable sources.

The Aggiels are leaving the Big12. Nothing has changed from their stand-point.

I don't think anything has changed from the SEC stand point either. Now that the Texas League will be around for another 6 years ISU, Baylor and Kansas won't sue and A&M is free to go.

In fact I would be more shocked if A&M isn't playing football in the SEC next year.

They didn't want out because they couldn't beat Texas, they wanted out because unlike ISU they didn't want to be their betch and don't need Texas to survive.

And I will go out on a limb here but they will double their revenue as well so maybe that was another reason.

Not being able to compete with Texas was a major part of them wanting to leave, whether you believe it or not. Its ironic especially because of the beating Nebraska put on other teams in the Big 12 North for how many years, once they had a conference mate that could push them around a little bit and made more money than they did they started complaining about Texas' power. I don't care for Texas at all, but how Texas treats the Big 12 now is how Nebraska treated the Big 8 for years.

Not wanting to be their "betch" is exactly what I meant by losing year after year. Trust me, if Nebraska was .500 against Texas the last 10 years, they would still be in Big 12.

I don't think anything has changed from the SEC stand point either. Now that the Texas League will be around for another 6 years ISU, Baylor and Kansas won't sue and A&M is free to go.

In fact I would be more shocked if A&M isn't playing football in the SEC next year.

Its not the Texas league anymore. Texas showed its cards. Oklahoma holds the chips and the power is back to the other 8 schools. Texas has no where else to go.

Its not the Texas league anymore. Texas showed its cards. Oklahoma holds the chips and the power is back to the other 8 schools. Texas has no where else to go.

You aren't trying to be serious here, are you? Trying to be a funny guy? Seriously? Texas has no where to go except to beg for help from good ol' ISU and the sisters of the poor?

You aren't trying to be serious here, are you? Trying to be a funny guy? Seriously? Texas has no where to go except to beg for help from good ol' ISU and the sisters of the poor?

Are you following re-alignment talk? What conference would take Texas right now??? Unless they are serious about being independent, they lost all negotiating power with the conference and Oklahoma holds the cards now. OU just single handedly reformed the conference overnight from a position of weakness to a fairly strong foundation. If you can't see this, guess its your loss.

*Oklahoma* has no where else to go. They did a good job bluffing through this, but now everyone knows their cards. And the rest of the schools have even less.