Big 12 now stable

Cyclones17

Great news coming out tonight. Went from looking bleak (according to media) to looking really stable. Will look to expand. I'm guessing BYU for sure and than who knows.

Great news coming out tonight. Went from looking bleak (according to media) to looking really stable. Will look to expand. I'm guessing BYU for sure and than who knows.

Don't count your chickens before their hatched. You already prematurely renovated last year.

Also some chatter out there that Mizzou could bolt before they put their name on the dotted line. Not that them leaving would destroy the Big 12 but it would force the Big 12 to get four new members to get back to 12.

here's the run down -

-Reached as a conference a mutual agreement for Dan Beebe to step down as commissioner.
-6 year grant of tier 1 and 2 rights. If schools leave, the Big 12 keeps their rights for 6 years. pretty much guarantees 6 years of stability.
-likely revenue sharing.
- appointed Chuck Neinas as the interim commissioner (old big 8 commissioner 80-91)
- reactivated expansion committee
- Formed a working group to further strengthen conference stability to address other concerns

source?

Texas will be using LHN to their advantage before the ink is dry on any agreement that supposedly creates 'stability'. The B12 is not going to like how the Whorns use LHN so they better think long and hard before making any commitments.

source?

Texas will be using LHN to their advantage before the ink is dry on any agreement that supposedly creates 'stability'. The B12 is not going to like how the Whorns use LHN so they better think long and hard before making any commitments.

Press Conferences from Mizzou and Oklahoma.

Not as good of a source as say...ESPN ;)

Also some chatter out there that Mizzou could bolt before they put their name on the dotted line. Not that them leaving would destroy the Big 12 but it would force the Big 12 to get four new members to get back to 12.

I highly doubt the MU president just sat there and told everyone that MU is committed to the big XII and likes the changes that are taking place, then dodged any question that had to do with their fabricated SEC offer to cover up them bolting some time this week. for those keeping track at home, that's two years in a row that their bluff has been called about someone else offering them. wasnt true last year with big 10, wasnt true again this year with SEC.

source?Texas will be using LHN to their advantage before the ink is dry on any agreement that supposedly creates 'stability'. The B12 is not going to like how the Whorns use LHN so they better think long and hard before making any commitments.
Press Conferences from Mizzou and Oklahoma.Not as good of a source as say...ESPN ;)

ESPN is the only place you can get the real story about how Texas saved college football by stopping conference expansion and how Texas was committed to saving the B12.

source?

they wont be able to show big XII games, they wont be able to show HS sports, the LHN is their only revenue that wont be shared evenly with everyone else in conference. I dont think anyone in the conference has a problem with that, hence the multiple press conferences that just took place stating "we're all in, we like the changes, lets move forward together."

ESPN is the only place you can get the real story about how Texas saved college football by stopping conference expansion and how Texas was committed to saving the B12.

954-not-sure-if-serious.jpg

I highly doubt the MU president just sat there and told everyone that MU is committed to the big XII and likes the changes that are taking place, then dodged any question that had to do with their fabricated SEC offer to cover up them bolting some time this week. for those keeping track at home, that's two years in a row that their bluff has been called about someone else offering them. wasnt true last year with big 10, wasnt true again this year with SEC.

If it wasn't a concern why is your internet vocal leader Chris Williams tweeting about the issue of Mizzou possibly not being "all in"?

source?Texas will be using LHN to their advantage before the ink is dry on any agreement that supposedly creates 'stability'. The B12 is not going to like how the Whorns use LHN so they better think long and hard before making any commitments.
they wont be able to show big XII games, they wont be able to show HS sports, the LHN is their only revenue that wont be shared evenly with everyone else in conference. I dont think anyone in the conference has a problem with that, hence the multiple press conferences that just took place stating

Its not just HS sports, LHN gives TX ACCESS to a whole new level of exposure for its programs. The value of LHN isn't just the money (TX already has more than everyone else). And sooner or later HS recruits will be on LHN in one way or another.

I want to see the details of the contract, but by signing over their media rights to the conference, the B12 did what the B1G and PAC have done...and this league now IS stable...this could go a long way into staving off conference realignment armageddon, as the B12 and Big East were real weak...and now, the B12 has fortified its borders.

Since it's official now that A&M will be able to leave without strings attached the SEC is going to need another school, and they already turned down WVU. Florida won't allow another school from the state in and with the expansion the ACC just went through it looks as stable as ever anyway. So who goes to the SEC as the 14th team to even out the divisions? Until Mizzou signs the dotted line I would not assume they are "all in" just yet.

I want to see the details of the contract, but by signing over their media rights to the conference, the B12 did what the B1G and PAC have done...and this league now IS stable...this could go a long way into staving off conference realignment armageddon, as the B12 and Big East were real weak...and now, the B12 has fortified its borders.

Agreed Jon. Would like to see the contract.

I'd rather either stay at 9 or got to 12. 10 sucks! 9 conference games is doomsday for programs not named OU or Texas

Coming soon to the 'stable' B12: "Hello son, my name is Mack Brown. I know you are still deciding what college you will attend before you are drafted by the NFL. All of the schools in the Big 12 are good and all but lets sit down and watch a 30 minute show that aired on the Longhorn Network last night. The show is about a current Longhorn player from your hometown. We do shows about all of our players on LHN.

Do other schools in the Big 12 do shows about all of their players?

If you just sign this letter of intent, you too can have a 30 minute show air on cable thats all about you."

Coming soon to the 'stable' B12: "Hello son, my name is Mack Brown. I know you are still deciding what college you will attend before you are drafted by the NFL. All of the schools in the Big 12 are good and all but lets sit down and watch a 30 minute show that aired on the Longhorn Network last night. The show is about a current Longhorn player from your hometown. We do shows about all of our players on LHN.

If you just sign this letter of intent, you too can have a 30 minute show air on cable thats all about you."

Prior to the Longhorn network the same consequence was a product of "Hello, son. My name is Mack Brown and I coach the Texas Longhorns."

Do you really think that will help their recruiting? Do you follow recruiting? Texas gets whoever they want anyway. They had 16 committments before ISU or Iowa had 1.

Latest posts