Big 12 North and South

LoewDog

Will they redraw the divisions? North now has 4 teams while south has 6.

Oklahoma to North with a garuntee to play Texas and Okie St. every year...should pin Texas and OK in championship game every year.

Can't have a championship game with only 10 teams. There will likely be only one division...with Texas/Oklahoma winning 90% of the time.

i think it would be smart of them to do like the big east does and have everyone play everyone else, but that only makes sense, so that probably won't happen.

i think it would be smart of them to do like the big east does and have everyone play everyone else, but that only makes sense, so that probably won't happen.

That does make sense, but it won't happen because Texas will never agree to play 5 conference road games while only getting 4 home conference games every other year.

I thought they announced they would do away with the divisions and go to a 9 game conference schedule? Unless they are able to expand.

Playing a 9 game schedule I would think they would need to drop the Iowa game. Would need an extra home game and a lesser opponent to have any shot at bowl eligibility.

Does ISU win a conference game this year now that Colorado is gone? I know that Robert Grififin returns for Baylor and he will beat them by himself.

Who do they have a shot at ... maybe KSU?

Texas will announce the schedule sometime this summer.

I think the "fair" way to do this is for the last place team that is not already a home game be forced to travel to Texas so they get 5 home conference games per year. Or they could make it easier on everyone and just force the furthest team (ISU) to play them at home every year.

Honestly, who cares what they do? The Big10(us) has been playing an 8 game conference schedule with 4 non-conference games while having 11 teams. The new Big12(10) will more than likely play 8 conference games and still keep 4 non-conference games on their schedule - this is the norm across the country.

Now the Big12(10) has 3 teams that share the lions portion of the money (TX, A&M and OK). This really shouldn't change or shift the power of the conference as two of those three have been dominating the conference for years. The $ will probably help improve their non-revenue generating sports a little bit.

In the end the Big10 added a team that makes sense geographically and academically. We will probably continue expansion in the near future but I'm sure the selection process will be very specific - ND or equivalent. In adding Nebraska we gained a team that is once again on the rise in football. This can do nothing but help the exposure of the Big10(12). This should help recruiting.