Big 10 Title Game - No Ulcers

Mrke1

Anyone else way more relaxed this week leading up to the B1GCG than they were last week?

I was a mess with anxiety last week leading up to the Nebby game last week. Now I'm just excited.

I was in he same boat as you last week. I want to beat msu and win the BIG but the anxiety cloud has lifted. What ever happens Saturday I'll be ok with........I think.

I feel the same way. This Saturday has more of a "bowl game" feel to it. It's been a memorable season so far and I hope it continues in to the playoffs with a win Saturday, but from here on out it is "icing on the cake". It would be really cool to see all of the talking heads explode as we claim our playoff spot.:rolleyes:

I was more relaxed until I realized what was at stake here. Iowa is on the doorstep of............I cant even let my mind go there

I was an absolute wreck last week. I'm excited, but don't have my hopes up too high for this one. Would be ecstatic if we win, disappointed if we lose, but going that far and then losing to Debby would have really sucked.

My gut was in a vice for both the Neb and Minnesota games. 1) because they are rivals and next door neighbors, and 2) because of the season we had, you REALLY don't want to lose to subpar teams like those two

More relaxed this week for sure.....

I was more nervous about the Nebraska game. Sitting at 11-0 and knowing Iowa was going to B1G title game made me a bit .. squeamish. Regardless of their record this year, Nebby COULD have spoiled everything.

This week .. the Hawks are right where they want to be. For all intents and purposes, they are in the playoffs, right where they want to be. Win and advance. I love it!!!

GO HAWKS!!!

Deace, in the last podcast, was spot on about the pain of watching games when your team is undefeated towards season's end. I couldn't watch part of the 2nd half of Nebraska. Had to turn on the radio feed, go to a different room and pace or do something else for a bit. Occasionally listened to Dolph to gauge whether he was in a happy mood or depressed to know how the game was going. Pathetic, I got it bad. I really hope I can just enjoy all of this Saturday's games.

Yea. I'm not really nervous. Kind of weird. I guess any wins from here on out is just icing on the cake. I suppose I will get a little nervous Sat. afternoon until I get about 4 pints of Leiny's Snow Drift in me. Luckily, my 8 yr old boys have a b-ball tournament Saturday to keep me occupied until the afternoon. So excited though!

I will be in a car driving 7.5 hrs with some of my closest friends, what more do you need, right? I've been relaxed all week, but tomorrow afternoon when we pull in, look out, I will require some Fireball (I just have to remember to take my Omeprazole), yeah, us old guys need that sort of thing....But with age comes, huh, I forgot...;)

I feel the same way. This Saturday has more of a "bowl game" feel to it. It's been a memorable season so far and I hope it continues in to the playoffs with a win Saturday, but from here on out it is "icing on the cake". It would be really cool to see all of the talking heads explode as we claim our playoff spot.:rolleyes:

My expectations for this season were Iowa would go 0-12, then every time Iowa won I would be happy & willing to eat crow. After a few games in to the season, I thought it would be really cool to win the West Division. Once that was locked up, I was nervous as hell because I wanted to beat Nebraska & have an unbeaten season. These players are now a part of Iowa Football history, & will be honored on anniversary dates of this season in the future, that is really cool. I now realize this team has far exceeded my expectations, so winning the Big Ten outright would be great, but we still get a very good bowl game. Now having said all that, I have reached the point where the winning of this game, & possibly 2 more would give me great satisfaction for one reason primarily, & that is to shut the sports media up. I have no quarrel with those that don't think we are good enough to beat the elite. I do have a major problem with an idiot like Cowherd who says because Iowa has no 5 star players, & 25% of the 4 star players the rest of the top 5 have, that Iowa is a fraud. Another talking head on a Fox Sports panel said one problem with Iowa is it is a very boring state. I hadn't realized part of the CFP criteria required teams to be in exciting states. Jason Whitlock, on the same panel, said he wouldn't have Iowa in the top 4 even if they are Big Ten Conference Champions. He said later on that the CFP selection committee doesn't give enough weight to conference champions. Anyway, I ate crow 12 times this season. It isn't too bad if you dip it in ranch dressing.

I was in he same boat as you last week. I want to beat msu and win the BIG but the anxiety cloud has lifted. What ever happens Saturday I'll be ok with........I think.

Come Saturday evening that what ever happens feeling will rush out of you body at Kickoff and the anxiety levels will amp up. FACT!! You can't downplay the magnitude of this game!!

Last edited:
I vacillate between being giddy and wanting to throw up. There is something about finishing the regular season 12-0. That feels separate somehow from the championship because, no matter what happens, no one is erasing a perfect regular season.

I'm driving to Indy, and I'm completely excited about that. I was relieved after the UNL win, but the anxiety has returned. I think this game is indeed icing on the cake, but this team has the potential to be immortal to hawkeyes everywhere. I don't know, in my lifetime, if the hawks will have this opportunity again. If they lose, I'm okay with it because MSU is a really good team. However, there's just so much at stake for the program if they can win. It would be amazing...a huge boost to the program.

No ulcer just a lot of bud lite and a few Bloody Mary's and I will be ready for the game.Decided not to go as we're planning on going to the next destination wherever that will be.Lets make it a playoff game.Go Hawks

Anyone catch what KF said in his presser. He said to the seniors , that they only have 3 games left. Like it was a certainty they'd get 3 more games not 2.

Hopefully the team isn't putting the "Mission Accomplished" sign up yet like we are. The fact that it is almost impossible to be in this position (FPI gave us literally 0% chance to get here), means that these next games are the most critical in school history. We may never be here again in our lifetime. If we win the next 3 games, 12-0 would be the icing.

All I want for Christmas is for the Hokks to be considered the worst 15-0 team in the history of college football.

Latest posts