Big 10 Suicide Pool

hawkfan2679

I wasn't sure whether to stick this in For Fun Wagers or the Football thread...so I'll start it here and if the mods want to move it they can do so. **Edit - Now I think the Big 10 Sports forum might have been better...

Let's lighten the mood a bit and change the topic of discussion, if only for a second or two...

For those who have not participated in a suicide pool before, here are the simple rules (adjusted to fit the rest of the B10 schedule):

1) Pick one team per week that you think will win their game that weekend

2) Once you pick a team, you can NOT pick them again

3) You will be able to continue picking a team each week until the team you pick loses, at which point you are eliminated

4) In order to time it up correctly, no one will be picking the 12/3/10 game (Illinois vs. Fresno, I think) AND NO ONE CAN PICK IOWA! There are 10 weeks left in the season, and eliminating Iowa means there are 10 B10 teams to choose from.

For the visual learners...Ex.
This week (9/25) - I pick Northwestern; NW wins (I get to pick another team next week)
Next week (10/2) - I pick Indiana; Indiana loses (I am out of the suicide pool)

Simple enough?

Here are this week's games!

Austin Peay @ Wisconsin
Bowling Green @ Michigan
Central Michigan @ Northwestern
Northern Colorado @ Michigan State
Toledo @ Purdue
Eastern Michigan @ Ohio State
Temple @ Penn State
Akron @ Indiana
Northern Illinois @ Minnesota

If you want to participate, feel free to just post the name of the team you'd like to take for this week.

Haha, when I saw this headline, the first thing that popped in my mind was that this was some kind of poll on which Big Ten fanbase will commit suicide first.

If your going to do the bananafish you might as well get it over early, I'll take Minnesota this week.

I wish you would add Nebraska to the game list.

Latest posts