Big 10 shouldn't allow Brust-to-UW-Scholy

troy

If the Big 10 is going to allow Brust to accept a scholarship to another Big 10 institution, in this case Wisconsin, then they should do away with the dadgum letter of intent process. This is opening a door that is going to cause a lot of recruiting conflict among Big 10 schools in the future.

With the coach being fired, I understand why Brust should get another chance. I don't understand why the Big 10 says No to Brust, but then Wisc. asks and then the Big 10 says yes.

When a coach leaves for another job or is fired after athletes have signed their LOI they shouldn't be bound to that school IMO. When a coach leaves the rules should change.

When a coach leaves for another job or is fired after athletes have signed their LOI they shouldn't be bound to that school IMO. When a coach leaves the rules should change.

Precisely, why is this hard for some to understand?

Let's just wait and see where Brust goes, and if he does anything when he gets there; all this Brust crap is just that; we didn't lose Brandon Knight.

Kinda stupid to sign a LOI to play for a coach who's under fire...imo.
See you at CHA, Ben....should be fun! :)

With the coach being fired, I understand why Brust should get another chance. I don't understand why the Big 10 says No to Brust, but then Wisc. asks and then the Big 10 says yes.

Iowa allowed the waiver to go through (to allow Brust to sign with anyone).
Big Ten denied the waiver.
Both Northwestern and Wisconsin appealed the denied waiver and it was overturned.

I guess the Big Ten is just too old-fashioned in thinking that recruits sign with the school,not the coach. They should just change the whole LOI and make it a LOI to a coach,not a school. Then the coach can pay for their schollys out of their huge salaries. Then if the coach gets fired or moves on, the recruits go with him. Either have the rule or get rid of it...if I am any signed athlete to a Big Ten school that fires its coach...you can bet I am appealing this everytime if I want to go Big Ten..the precedent is set,so now they have to follow that precedent or get sued. Can o worms opened.

I think the first Big Ten decision was made by a sub-committee which simply followed rules in giving reply. The overriding decision was made by full group of Faculty Reps. That is what I read in one article. No idea if that is correct.

Rather than making LOI to coach than school, I would much rather see the November signing date abolished. That is what creates majority of requests for releases. It also allows college coaches to start recruting juniors and younger players. I know seniors like release from recruiting pressure but seems it is simply being shifted to younger players so...

At time Brust signed, it was widely anticipated TL would have at least until 2011 to prove himself. That didnt happen and Iowa was supportive of request for total waiver so I have no objectiosn to the full release.

Latest posts