Big 10 Next Year...Personnel Losses

WindsorHawk

There is a thread concerning Iowa's personnel losses going into next season. So I decided it may be time to list each teams likely relevant personnel losses for next season. These are obviously subject to change. *Players with eligibility but likely to leave for the NBA.

Michigan - Morgan, *Robinson and *Stauskas
MSU - Payne, Appling and *Harris
Wisconsin - Brust
Iowa - Basabe, Marble and McCabe
Ohio State - Craft and Smith
Nebraska - Gallegos
Minnesota - Hollins and Smith
Purdue - Johnson and *Hammons
Illinois - Bertrand and Ekey
NW - Crawford
PSU - Frazier and Roberts
Indiana - Sheehey and Gordon

Do Maryland and Rutgers join next year for basketball? I can dig up their info if they do.

Last edited:
Should probably add who these teams have coming in to replace these losses too. Nebbie could be in good shape to get off to a stronger start next season.

Wisconsin is going to be scary good next year. Nebraska has been playing well until last night. They will be good next year. However, they had one player go on a crazy hot streak. If people learn how to shut him down, Nebraska is an average team at best.

What are the chances vonleh leaves Indy after this yr? He averages almost a double double and has his man body at 6'10 240 lbs.

Should probably add who these teams have coming in to replace these losses too. Nebbie could be in good shape to get off to a stronger start next season.

My intent is not to rank where everyone will finish next year based on what they're losing. I did this same thread last year. Posters start fretting over what Iowa is losing...every year. I like to point out what others are losing for the sake of perspective.

I think he's more ready for the NBA than Yogi. I think there's a chance he goes. If both he and Yogi go...

Really I think it hinges on vonleh. If he stays I think yogi stays and they try for it next yr with some newbies. But if he leaves I think yogi leaves as the cupboard will be pretty much bare.

Nebraska loses Gallegos, don't they? He's obviously not as good as Pettaway, but he's still one of their better players. Nebraska could actually be pretty good next year. Miles definitely has that program moving quickly in the right direction.

Nebraska loses Gallegos, don't they? He's obviously not as good as Pettaway, but he's still one of their better players. Nebraska could actually be pretty good next year. Miles definitely has that program moving quickly in the right direction.

They do lose Gallegos but when I checked stats he hadn't done anything the last 5 games. I just double checked and he is averaging 7 points a game. I will edit my post and add him. Thanks!

There is a thread concerning Iowa's personnel losses going into next season. So I decided it may be time to list each teams likely relevant personnel losses for next season. These are obviously subject to change. *Players with eligibility but likely to leave for the NBA.

Wisconsin - Brust
Ohio State - Craft and Smith
Nebraska - Gallegos
NW - Crawford
Indiana - Sheehey and Gordon

Do Maryland and Rutgers join next year for basketball? I can dig up their info if they do.

Dekker and Vonleh both should be added to the list as possible departures. Right now both are projected to be first round draft picks. There's a lot of B10 teams that could take a step back next year. Next year's MSU teams looks like it might be Izzo's least talented team ever.

Wisconsin - Brust
Ohio State - Craft, Ross, Della Valle and Smith
Nebraska - Gallegos
NW - Crawford and Sobolewski
Indiana - Sheehey, Gordon, Vonleh and Hollowell

Maryland - No one
Rutgers - Moore and Judge

Last edited:
Windsor, I remember when you did this thread last year...as I did then, just want to let you know I find it quite interesting and appreciate your efforts.

Slightly off topic but I went to the Rutgers website and watched a video just to get a better feel about their basketball program. Their coach former player and Lakers assistant Eddie Jordan seems like a class act. He took over a real mess and they have some catching up to do but if they put some resources into that program like Nebraska did Rutgers could become a sleeping giant down the road. They have some real talent to draw from in New York and Philly and that whole Northeast corridor. They have engaged in a total assessment of their program top to bottom with an upgrade in their facilities likely in the discussion. Rutgers appears to have the right coach to build a Big Ten caliber program and I think long-term will make an interesting addition to the conference.

Latest posts