BIG 10 Conference Vastly Overrated, AGAIN!

The polls go by what the Big did non-conference. The Big was the best conference in the non-conference hands down. The constant beating each other up in the Big reg. season apparently doesn’t make a team better. I thought the tough conference would bolster the players but that was not the case. The team playing the best, Michigan is the team who played the least games. Something for the Big to think about.
the other "alleged" top conference, the Big 12, also has been wiped out with the exception of their top team. The moral of this story should be that polls, Sagarins, RPIs, etc., mean squat. Also interesting to note that Drake, without 2 of their starters, is about 40 points better than Kansas this year. Cheating does not always work out.

The polls go by what the Big did non-conference. The Big was the best conference in the non-conference hands down. The constant beating each other up in the Big reg. season apparently doesn’t make a team better. I thought the tough conference would bolster the players but that was not the case. The team playing the best, Michigan is the team who played the least games. Something for the Big to think about.
Valid points.

ehh... 1 and done tournaments and a full grind of a conference season are completely different things.

Hard to judge.
This.

Stick any of these "good teams" in a B1G schedule and see how many they win.

Hard to judge a conference in a one-and-done environment.
However, the popular measuring-stick these days is the dance.

This.

Stick any of these "good teams" in a B1G schedule and see how many they win.

Hard to judge a conference in a one-and-done environment.
However, the popular measuring-stick these days is the dance.

yeah the "national champion" in NCAA basketball is by far the weakest and least legit champion that i can think of in major sports.

Sports can be fickle.. but basketball is really such a bi-polar game. Is Oregon better than us? Maybe.... but its hard to say for sure from one game.

last year michigan pounded us the first game but then we won the next time we played... this year we lost to osu at home... but then beat them by 16 pts the next game...

Also we beat oral roberts last year by 14 or something