Bielema Still Working on Chevin Calloway

Nobody was ever going to stop recruiting this kid. Hopefully Iowa can beat back the others like they did with Noah Fant last year.

This could be bad. When he committed he said he was done taking official visits, now he's taking several...

I started getting nervous when I saw several people on 247 predicting Calloway to Arkansas. I think this confirms why. Two visits he's already planning. Bye bye.

Losing to NDSU doesn't help keep recruits of his caliber. Say what you want, but it doesn't help. He seems like a high character kid. Let's hope he keeps his commitment, but who knows at this point.

Win some lose some always gunna happen. I've come to realization it's never going to change at iowa. Being elite under Kirk will never happen, with the way we play and adjust and scheme. This developing of players will have us right where we have been for last 16 years. To get past this and be able to actually play with the big dogs it's gunna be with more talent or a different coach. Which won't be for some time now. Anyways go hawks

Correct, and we do ourselves no marketing favors routinely losing to inferior opponents at least once every other year. The NDSU loss is a killer because were legitimately staring 8-4 in the face and that crushes any recruiting momentum Iowa had, to begin with, from last season. Kirk is a magician at keeping the sexy away from the Iowa program. Meanwhile, Bielema can draw players to Fayetteville of all places, and that isn't near as nice as Iowa City. I say this kid is gone and I do blame the staff for not continuing, what I thought was, a progressive new change beginning last year. Instead, he went Vintage Ferentz, but in the Ultra conservative direction. Not happy. At all.

It's going to be hard for him to change his commitment knowing it will drastically lower his NFL chances.

I'm sure he knows he can be a nfl player if he works hard at whatever school he chooses
Let's not kid ourselves iowa isn't the only school with players in nfl. And yes I also feel we crushed any recruiting momentum we had. If we lost to a decent power 5 school it wouldn't be a huge deal but losing to ndsu is seen by the nation as a terrible loss, even though I feel they could prolly beat a large number of p5 schools

Well, somewhere it was stated that he has family in Arkansas and we all know Bielema is a great recruiter. Who knows? Maybe it was family who pushed Bielema to start recruiting Calloway in the first place. Whatever. I doubt one loss at this point in the season would turn player's commitment. Family connections might.

He is visiting for the Bana game.Arkansas will get owned in this game and Iowa will roll off an extensive win streak. We will then politely say no thanks when he come crawling back. (Some of this is factual some fiction, reader must choose)

Last edited:
Id also add this to the recruiting pitch: Choose the sword and you join me(Iowa), choose the ball and you join your mother(Arkansas/anyone) to death. You don't understand my words but you must choose...

Looks like what Bielema needs to work on is a diet. He's in his late 40s and he's got to be approaching 3 bills. Mean that seriously btw.

Latest posts