BF to Stay at Iowa

why do people say and or think this? the only place i have seen or heard this is on message boards. internet legend? wouldn't we expect an offensive coordinator with at least some prior OC experience?

I think people are more "hopeful" for it than anything else, myself included. BF seems to be a guy that brings a lot of charisma and can relate to today's recruits. I think this makes people think his personality would be reflected in the style of offense he'd call which excites people who get bored with Kirk's style. Maybe Kirk would give his son more freedom to run the offense the way he sees than he would another OC. Then again, with Kirk at the helm it may not matter who our OC is anyways.

why do people say and or think this? the only place i have seen or heard this is on message boards. internet legend? wouldn't we expect an offensive coordinator with at least some prior OC experience?

Think of it logically, why would BF pass up an opportunity to coach in the NFL if he were just going to stay as the OL coach at Iowa for the foreseeable future? I understand the opportunity to work with your dad doesn't always come around but I can't imagine he would be sticking with Iowa unless there were some discussions about his short term opportunities to move up in the ranks. It's pretty obvious that there's something in the works that has convinced BF to stick around.

He was already a position coach in the NFL. Granted, not an OL coach but I just felt that if his goal was to be a OL coach in the NFL, I do believe he could have had that opportunity at some point without having to comeback.

I'm sure he could have put together a nice resume based off the results of the TE position at NE with Gronk and Hernandez.

For like a year. If he's really interested in moving up the NFL ladder, he'd need more experience than that as a position coach in the league, I would think.

I would LOVE to see BF named OC at Iowa in the next few years. For two reasons...

1. He seems like a damn good football coach, and he isn't the type of guy who will be afraid to pave his own path regardless what Captain Kirk wants. Basically, I truly think he will be a head coach one day and becoming an OC is just the next step.

2. A small section of Hawkeye fans would go absolutely crazy, and it would be hilarious to watch. For some reason, people just love to get their panties in a bunch over things like this. I don't get it, but I would enjoy it. Kinda like people watching at the Iowa State Fair. That's not necessarily what you go there for, but you find yourself staring anyways.

all you guys praising BF because he has 'charisma' and he 'seems' like a good coach? are you the same guys who sceamed 'nepotism' and 'iowa can do better than that'........and 'how good is the OL given the offensive stats'...........

does it boil down *again* that if you scream you must care more than a guy who can keep his emotions in check?

And to come full circle, how many of you were on the 'anti-McCaffery' bandwagon the 'day after'.

message board psychology 101.....

:)

He is certainly on the radar, not sure we can keep him for much longer unless he gets a promotion.

For like a year. If he's really interested in moving up the NFL ladder, he'd need more experience than that as a position coach in the league, I would think.

For a year at a position with 2 or 3 players at the position. OL is 9 or 10. Which one do you think is higher up the coaching food chain?

I don't whant a 1st time OC at iowa. I'd rather have someone in that job who has done it before.
Oh no, not a fresh young mind at OC. I too would rather have a stale old man who is set in his ways. Particularly one whom was fired from his last job for running a boring non-productive offense. He will fit right in. I'm sure we have a list of candidates that fit this mold after Davis retires. Don't like your thinking on this one NCHawker. Every one has to start somewhere. If he hits the ground running, sweet, we have a loyal young coach. If not, is he going to be worse than Davis or O'Keefe? Everyone on here says how much they dislike and disagree with our OC's. Do we want to hire another one of them, or take a chance with Brian. I'll take Brian........ I can just see the threads now, nepotism, and just like his dad, and the apple doesn't fall far. This site will blow up with his promotion, and then again with our first loss. Actually I would almost feel bad for BF. If he doesn't come in scoring 50 points a game, he will take a ton of grief from the fans. It would take some balls to take the position in his situation. They do hear all of our chatter.

Think of it logically, why would BF pass up an opportunity to coach in the NFL if he were just going to stay as the OL coach at Iowa for the foreseeable future? I understand the opportunity to work with your dad doesn't always come around but I can't imagine he would be sticking with Iowa unless there were some discussions about his short term opportunities to move up in the ranks. It's pretty obvious that there's something in the works that has convinced BF to stick around.
HAS ANYONE ON HERE EVER WORKED FOR THEIR DAD? Love my dad. Others love to work for my dad. I did it for 5 years. Miserable 5 years. Expectations are hard to reach. Maybe it was different for me than most, but I would have to have been promised the world to stick around there. Especially to give up better pay and experience.

all you guys praising BF because he has 'charisma' and he 'seems' like a good coach? are you the same guys who sceamed 'nepotism' and 'iowa can do better than that'........and 'how good is the OL given the offensive stats'...........

does it boil down *again* that if you scream you must care more than a guy who can keep his emotions in check?

And to come full circle, how many of you were on the 'anti-McCaffery' bandwagon the 'day after'.

message board psychology 101.....

:)
I am not one of those people....Recruiting is on the upswing, the O-line looked good this year. Hell, if Brian makes that much of a difference, I say we hire the whole Ferentz clan. Maybe even his daughter.

Something tells me Greg Davis is hanging it up soon. Perhaps it's wishful thinking but something made Brian stay. If Davis was coaching a few more seasons you'd think he would have went to the NFL and then maybe come back as OC.

Something tells me Greg Davis is hanging it up soon. Perhaps it's wishful thinking but something made Brian stay. If Davis was coaching a few more seasons you'd think he would have went to the NFL and then maybe come back as OC.

Hopefully sooner than later.....like just after signing day in Feb.

You can make the case that it "makes sense" for both staying and leaving. If he went to Houston, he would be a position coach in the NFL and get to learn under one of the best offensive minds in the biz. Being a position coach in the NFL is an extremely high honor.
LOL, O'Brien is now "one of the best offensive minds in the biz?" Based on what, exactly? His single year of experience as an NFL coordinator? His monumental and earth-shattering 8-4 and 7-5 records at PSU? And BF has already had "the extremely high honor" of being a position coach in the NFL, and under a true coaching genius. This entire rumor was stupid from the beginning and I can't believe that anyone was dumb enough to actually believe it.

BF is represented by Neil Cornrich. That is all anyone who is trying to make sense of this needs to know.

He was paying attention to his dad. Good for him. Love for the UI should not be equated with getting the best deal for you and your family. I wish sometimes I had a good agent working for me in salary negotiations.

Adam-

I'm happy to hear your BF is staying at Iowa, but I think this should be in the off-topic forum unless he actually plays football for Iowa. If he does, nice get.

He was paying attention to his dad. Good for him. Love for the UI should not be equated with getting the best deal for you and your family. I wish sometimes I had a good agent working for me in salary negotiations.

I hear you. Good story of how the Hoodie recommended Cornrich to KF after the guy had repeatedly eaten the Brown's lunch. The guy definitely knows how to work the grapevine to benefit his clients.

Latest posts