BF to Stay at Iowa

AdamHawk

Didn't see this posted anywhere but it looks like he might be sticking around after all.

Iowa: Despite multiple reports a few days ago, a source tells CoachingSearch that Brian Ferentz has not accepted the offensive line job with the Texans at this point and it looks like he's going to remain at Iowa.

Coaching Search Ticker | CoachingSearch.com

Good deal. Recruiting seems to be up as of late and I'm not sure how much of that credit deserves to go to BF but I'm sure some of it does so I think it's definetly a good thing to have him around.

The move never made sense to me from the start. Potentially Iowa seems to be on up the upward trend with returning talent and next year's schedule. Greg Davis is 62 years old.

Good deal. Recruiting seems to be up as of late and I'm not sure how much of that credit deserves to go to BF but I'm sure some of it does so I think it's definetly a good thing to have him around.

The move never made sense to me from the start. Potentially Iowa seems to be on up the upward trend with returning talent and next year's schedule. Greg Davis is 62 years old.

You can make the case that it "makes sense" for both staying and leaving. If he went to Houston, he would be a position coach in the NFL and get to learn under one of the best offensive minds in the biz. Being a position coach in the NFL is an extremely high honor.

If he stays, he gets to continue as a position coach at Iowa (a place he seems to love) and be in line for a coordinator position if/when Davis moves on.

He was in a no lose situation. His choice to stick around, should it continue to be the choice he sticks with, is good for the Hawkeye program.

You can make the case that it "makes sense" for both staying and leaving. If he went to Houston, he would be a position coach in the NFL and get to learn under one of the best offensive minds in the biz. Being a position coach in the NFL is an extremely high honor.

If he stays, he gets to continue as a position coach at Iowa (a place he seems to love) and be in line for a coordinator position if/when Davis moves on.

He was already a position coach in the NFL. Granted, not an OL coach but I just felt that if his goal was to be a OL coach in the NFL, I do believe he could have had that opportunity at some point without having to comeback.

I'm sure he could have put together a nice resume based off the results of the TE position at NE with Gronk and Hernandez.

I don't whant a 1st time OC at iowa. I'd rather have someone in that job who has done it before.

Glad to read of this news. Hope it becomes official. BF can talk to KF like no one else....and I suspect he had a hand in the changes in the coaching staff last offseason, which were needed.

Its good for Iowa, but have to think the move would have been great for his career. He seems to be widely respected, but it helps to not just be under his father for most of t. Yes, he was with the Patriots, but another stint in the NFL (and not with a KF guy) would seem to brandish his credentials even further. Frankly, either way he is doing really well for a young coach and seems to have a bright future wherever he wants it take him. Lucky guy.

Its good for Iowa, but have to think the move would have been great for his career. He seems to be widely respected, but it helps to not just be under his father for most of t. Yes, he was with the Patriots, but another stint in the NFL (and not with a KF guy) would seem to brandish his credentials even further. Frankly, either way he is doing really well for a young coach and seems to have a bright future wherever he wants it take him. Lucky guy.

These were my thoughts as well and why I thought he was all but gone. The optimist in me thinks he may have been told he has a good shot at getting the OC position at Iowa by staying.

You gotta imagine he will be the OC in the near future...like 2-3 years tops.

why do people say and or think this? the only place i have seen or heard this is on message boards. internet legend? wouldn't we expect an offensive coordinator with at least some prior OC experience?

Latest posts