Betting line

Iowa 10.5 underdogs I would think it will probably be higher as the week goes on. If I was a betting person I would definitely take Michigan and 10.5 If they play anywhere near the way they did on Saturday I don't see us staying within 3 touchdowns

I was really impressed with their offensive line. Their Tight End was really a good blocker. They don't have quite the overall speed or talent of Ohio State but they have good players at every position
Defensively I hate to see our offensive line especially tackles try to block them. I just don't see us scoring.

Hopefully our defense plays well and we get a few breaks to keep it close. With the kind of strange year this has been who knows. Originally I thought Wisconsin could give them a better game but Wisconsin is really a lot like us. No offense good defense so probably would have been same

One thing again is clearly evident. The East division of the Big Ten is way better than the West. Probably needs to be realigned but hopefully doesn't happen

Iowa 10.5 underdogs I would think it will probably be higher as the week goes on. If I was a betting person I would definitely take Michigan and 10.5 If they play anywhere near the way they did on Saturday I don't see us staying within 3 touchdowns

I was really impressed with their offensive line. Their Tight End was really a good blocker. They don't have quite the overall speed or talent of Ohio State but they have good players at every position
Defensively I hate to see our offensive line especially tackles try to block them. I just don't see us scoring.

Hopefully our defense plays well and we get a few breaks to keep it close. With the kind of strange year this has been who knows. Originally I thought Wisconsin could give them a better game but Wisconsin is really a lot like us. No offense good defense so probably would have been same

One thing again is clearly evident. The East division of the Big Ten is way better than the West. Probably needs to be realigned but hopefully doesn't happen
Iowa was 3-0 against the East. The last place team in the West (Nebraska) played MSU, Michigan and Ohio State closer than they played Purdue, Minnesota and Illinois.
The East is better only because of OSU. Penn State, MSU and Michigan have been very beatable. Purdue, Illinois, and Minnesota appear to be on the rise in the West. Iowa and Wisconsin are usually competitive with any of the East teams. Not sure about Nebraska but they have nowhere to go but up. The top of the East is better. The bottom of the West is better. Geographically, not sure how they could change or realign

:rolleyes:

Seinfeld Shrug GIFs | Tenor

:cool:

Last edited:
Kramer GIF | Gfycat

Hell Yes, Jack

We gonna own the punks

We have played them well over the years

And, have a tradition of upsetting them and Will again

:cool:

Iowa was 3-0 against the East. The last place team in the West (Nebraska) played MSU, Michigan and Ohio State closer than they played Purdue, Minnesota and Illinois.
The East is better only because of OSU. Penn State, MSU and Michigan have been very beatable.

The way Michigan handled Wisky at Camp Randall is telling to me about the point spread if, that is IF, Michigan plays that well. Wisky wasnt quite fined tuned when they played Michigan as they were when they decided to go 85% run heavy on offense.

I can see based on Michigan's work this whole year, minus the final 20 minutes against MSU, that they are a top 4 team. Their QB has gotten much better in the passing game, they have some really great running bacsk.

I like our chances if Iowa's defense has a great tackling and gap and contain game as well as batting away a few extra passes as the receivers are trying to catch the ball.

See, people keep saying that, but every year of the East/West alignment, the two have been separated by no more than one game in interdivisional games (the East has won or tied every year). This year the East won 11 and the West won 10.

See, people keep saying that, but every year of the East/West alignment, the two have been separated by no more than one game in interdivisional games (the East has won or tied every year). This year the East won 11 and the West won 10.
Agree- its not so clear which division is better- Iowa beat 2 bowl bound teams in the East, and the one that isnt going bowling was ranked at the beginning of the year.

Looking at the records now, and the rankings, on average, few teams not named Alabama or Ohio State go the entire regular season ranked from game 1 to game 12, but we did.

Does our offense make most of us scratch our heads? absolutely! Did most of us think we would end up 10-2 and in the B10 Championship?

Doesn't matter. If you were to chart the Big Ten without divisions back through to before divisions, you would see that the teams in the West that have made the championship game rarely make it without divisions compared to the East teams, (and have only won once) would not have made the ccg if there weren't divisions:

Assuming tiebreakers of H2H and then overall record, then higher ap rank at time here's what a divisionless ccg wouldhave been:

2020 NW OSU
2019 PSU OSU
2018 OSU Mich
2017 Wisc OSU
2016 PSU OSU
2015 Iowa MSU
2014 OSU MSU (WISCONSIN AND MSU NEVER PLAYED, HAD IDENTICAL OVERALL RECORDS, picking higher ap team)
Legends and leaders time...
2013 OSU MSU
2012 Wisconsin Nebraska
2011 MSU WISC

As you can see, the West teams have won twice (Wisconsin, both times) and been in the ccg only 5 times in ten years. The narrative of the East being better is not wrong.

Interestingly, the CCG was only necessary to pick an outright champion 3 times without divisions.

So, A) the divisions *are* unbalanced in favor of the East, 2) Legends and Leaders were better balanced, and iii) you don't really need divisions or the ccg.

Latest posts