Better team?

Record-wise, it's pretty much the same as last year at a similar point in the season. This team is playing well right now. After the DePaul game this year, I thought this team was in big trouble. I don't see them going backwards to that place, but it is a long season and they have many tough games left. But I agree, the table is set for them to have a very good season.
Yeah same here even after the Michigan game on the road I thought we might be in for a tough stretch in the BIG. Giving up that many points had me thinking uh oh... But they keep surprising me. Should be fun to watch down the stretch.

Yeah same here even after the Michigan game on the road I thought we might be in for a tough stretch in the BIG. Giving up that many points had me thinking uh oh... But they keep surprising me. Should be fun to watch down the stretch.
Yes, however, at that point, none of us knew how hard it was going to be for any Big Ten team to win on the road this year.

I have written in the past that Cook was the hole in the offense. As the ball was swung across the perimeter it would stop at Cook and he would do his face-up and fake shot, then drive and try to score or kick. The problem was he didn't have the ball skills to either shoot or pass, so it usually ended in a T/O or a dunk. Cook played hard but Fran wanted him to play inside but Cook preferred to play on the perimeter. This is Fran's fault. He's the coach. I don't blame Cook. Could Iowa use a weak side rebounding machine, athletic wing on fast breaks, high motor player on D? Sure, but that's not how Cook played. Does anyone believe Garza would have this break-out year splitting shots with Cook? Or we wouldn't spend the year watching Cook audition for the League? Iowa's offense and defense is just relentless right now. When I'm watching Iowa play now late in games, I'm not thinking how will they lose this game, I'm thinking when will the the other team give up. I remember Cook's first games and I thought he might become the best player in Iowa history. Honestly, I saw almost no improvement in his game in year 3. This post is asking for opinions, that's mine.

I have written in the past that Cook was the hole in the offense. As the ball was swung across the perimeter it would stop at Cook and he would do his face-up and fake shot, then drive and try to score or kick. The problem was he didn't have the ball skills to either shoot or pass, so it usually ended in a T/O or a dunk. Cook played hard but Fran wanted him to play inside but Cook preferred to play on the perimeter. This is Fran's fault. He's the coach. I don't blame Cook. Could Iowa use a weak side rebounding machine, athletic wing on fast breaks, high motor player on D? Sure, but that's not how Cook played. Does anyone believe Garza would have this break-out year splitting shots with Cook? Or we wouldn't spend the year watching Cook audition for the League? Iowa's offense and defense is just relentless right now. When I'm watching Iowa play now late in games, I'm not thinking how will they lose this game, I'm thinking when will the the other team give up. I remember Cook's first games and I thought he might become the best player in Iowa history. Honestly, I saw almost no improvement in his game in year 3. This post is asking for opinions, that's mine.
Yes, agree, my point also. Cook was working on his NBA game, not the team game. Same with Moss. It is a coaching failure to allow it, perhaps encourage it, and have your most talented player reach zero development. Cook work hard, just not smart, and others stood around, watching and waiting for JBo to save the day. Cook's departure has perhaps opened the door for a nice Garza NBA career, ironically.

Latest posts