Better question: Does a loss tomorrow land us in a play in game?

Could happen if Iowa were to poop the bed tomorrow night in Indianapolis. I actually think winning a play in game gives you a better chance of advancing to the Sweet 16 then being an 8 or a 9 seed does.

IF you can win that play in game, you would get either a 5 or 6 in the 2nd round and then more than likely a 3 or 4 in the 3rd round.

The big if of course would be making sure you win that Tuesday game.

I personally am sick of Iowa dumping the bed and changing sheets lately, just to do it again a few days later. Just get the crap done on Thursday guys.

This whole argument just screams of annoying jock rage.

Also, I don't think we drop to play-in game status should we lose tomorrow but it wouldn't surprise me if we did though it would require a pretty steep drop as most bracketologists seem to have us at the 8/9 slot (of course, the committee could have us at a lower slot than most have predicted)

Lol...Raise the banner!

2014 NCAA 1st Round

This is an entirely different argument.

IMO, Iowa should not put up banners just for making the NCAA tourney.

A B1G regular season title, shared or outright, a B1G tourney title and a Sweet 16 appearance or better should be the only reasons for banners to go up in CHA.

There is nothing less interesting then a discussion centered on what banners Iowa should raise.

Why do you guys pay any attention to IPA and Clinkenhouser or whatever? Listen to me instead: The NCAA tournament should only involve the top 10 teams in the country. The BT tournament should only involve the top four teams from the regular season BT. Actually, I don't think there should be a BT tournament at all. But I would not want to be labeled as a troll. Oh, never mind. bcl20 is right on the money: This discussion is clearly not worth having in the first place.

I love people who tell others that a discussion is clearly not worth having as they themselves are participating in it. When I am a part of a conversation I have no interest in, I excuse myself. If I read a forum post I have no interest in, I do not take the time to respond to it.

Play in games = kids table at Thanksgiving. You're still part of the Thanksgiving celebration, but you're eating in the other room away from the adults.

Why do you guys pay any attention to IPA and Clinkenhouser or whatever? Listen to me instead: The NCAA tournament should only involve the top 10 teams in the country. The BT tournament should only involve the top four teams from the regular season BT. Actually, I don't think there should be a BT tournament at all. But I would not want to be labeled as a troll. Oh, never mind. bcl20 is right on the money: This discussion is clearly not worth having in the first place.

Do you have a point hidden somehwere in this?

I'm just going to assume that most of your posts are weird, self-righteous rants made in response to tongue-in-cheek posts. What a ******* waste of time.

I'm just going to assume that most of your posts are weird, self-righteous rants made in response to tongue-in-cheek posts. What a ******* waste of time.

Only some of my posts are weird and self righteous. It sure doesnt take much to get under your skin does it? May want to have that looked at.

Play in games = kids table at Thanksgiving. You're still part of the Thanksgiving celebration, but you're eating in the other room away from the adults.

Yeah you're right. Im sure it took some of the shine off of VCU's Final Four appearance because they had to play in the first round that year.

Whoa. Wait a minute. What happens if you WIN the "play in" game? Haven't several NFL wild card teams gone all the way to win the Super Bowl? Is the wild card a "play in" game?

The play in game means that your team, in theory, can win the national championship if they keep winning. YOU ARE IN THE TOURNAMENT FOLKS.

Lol...Raise the banner!

2014 NCAA 1st Round

No, actually it will say 2014 NCAA. And then Fran gets a huge bonus check.

If you want to make light of it, that is your right on an anonymous message board. But I think Fran and the athletic department view it differently. Making the tournament, even as the 68th seed, is a big deal for a program that hasn't been there for a long time.

Oh, and what happens if Iowa wins the play in game and then wins a couple more? Is it ok with you if we hoist a Sweet Sixteen banner? Or is that tainted as well?

No, actually it will say 2014 NCAA. And then Fran gets a huge bonus check.

If you want to make light of it, that is your right on an anonymous message board. But I think Fran and the athletic department view it differently. Making the tournament, even as the 68th seed, is a big deal for a program that hasn't been there for a long time.

Oh, and what happens if Iowa wins the play in game and then wins a couple more? Is it ok with you if we hoist a Sweet Sixteen banner? Or is that tainted as well?

Don't get mad, bro. If you win the play-in game you are in the regular tournament like everyone else. This is simple:

If you are playing a game on Thursday or Friday, then you are in the tournament. Doesn't matter how you get there, but you aren't there until you are THERE.

I still consider the "first four" to be play-in games, regardless of what the NCAA has officially branded them as. These games are what they are: A small group of teams that are trying to join the field of 64. Once you have the field of 64, that's when the tournament really kicks off in earnest. Play-in games are exactly what these games feel like to me.

This whole discussion tells me that we all just really need some actual basketball to talk about again... Tomorrow night can't get here soon enough.