Better NBA Prospect: Uthoff or Niang

I liked this article from HawkCentral, talking about how JU's game translates better to the NBA than college. One can see why San Antonio or Golden State might be looking at him with their team-focused style of ball.

I liked this article from HawkCentral, talking about how JU's game translates better to the NBA than college. One can see why San Antonio or Golden State might be looking at him with their team-focused style of ball.

This is his best chance to sneak into the 1st round IMO. From everything I've read his stock has risen enough that he will probably get drafted somewhere in the top half of the 2nd round. This means SA and/or GS have to draft him in the 1st round if they really want him...picks 29 and 30 respectively. It's unlikely he will be available at 59 and 60...their 2nd round slots.

Shocker from the combine:

Standing vertical leap (no steps) low scores: Dedric Lawson (22.5 inches), Isaiah Miles (24), Robert Carter (24.5), Georges Niang (25), Caleb Swanigan (26), Daniel Hamilton (26)

I watched the draft camp scrimmage on Friday where Uthoff was guarding Niang and JU ate Niang up. Saw Niang lose the all out of bounds when JU was guarding him, JU had a steal vs. GN plus made a couple of shots in his face.

GN may have had the better college career, but on Friday anyway JU looked like the better NBA prospect.

I watched the draft camp scrimmage on Friday where Uthoff was guarding Niang and JU ate Niang up. Saw Niang lose the all out of bounds when JU was guarding him, JU had a steal vs. GN plus made a couple of shots in his face.

GN may have had the better college career, but on Friday anyway JU looked like the better NBA prospect.

Thursday Niang had a really good scrimmage so it balances itself out.

Hard to imagine either one starting soon for an NBA team. Seems like Uthoff's game is better suited for a sub to come in and make shots with limited minutes. Niang needs the offense to revolve around him which is unlikely in the NBA.

I don't troll often, but bump.

Not even gonna wait til the season starts? Methinks that many Clowns declared Royce White the second coming as well. Just saying.

That said, I don't follow the NBA at all, so maybe he is killing it, and is in the starting 5 already. I mean didn't the season start a couple months ago? :rolleyes:

Would you expect a homer article to suggest anything else? Uthoff looks completely lost in the summer league. There's a reason why he didn't get drafted.

I still can't believe Niang signed a contract. I don't see how his game fits the NBA

I guess the only thing that explains it is that he comes from an ELITE basketball program. I mean nothing else really makes sense, or at least that is what Clown fan would tell you.

I still can't believe Niang signed a contract. I don't see how his game fits the NBA

Well you didn't watch the summer league games then. You don't have to be an ultra athlete to survive in the NBA if you are super skilled and have a high bball IQ which is what Niang has.

Not even gonna wait til the season starts? Methinks that many Clowns declared Royce White the second coming as well. Just saying.

That said, I don't follow the NBA at all, so maybe he is killing it, and is in the starting 5 already. I mean didn't the season start a couple months ago? :rolleyes:

Niang isn't a pro, not a chance at all. Nothing against him, he was a better college player than Uthoff, but this is the NBA. A guy who has to play the PF position because he can't defend the wing players can't be 6'5 and play below the rim. Just ain't gonna happen.

Uthoff has a shot, once again because he is 6'9 and can shoot it. I don't know if he will make it or not, but at least he has a shot, Niang has no shot.

I guess the only thing that explains it is that he comes from an ELITE basketball program. I mean nothing else really makes sense, or at least that is what Clown fan would tell you.

I think all to often many are blinded by the black and gold sunglasses many wear, which eliminates the possibility of seeing players for what they truly are. At the end of the day, Niang is the superior player over Uthoff. Yes, Uthoff had a decent college career, but, Uthoff is simply to soft and mentally weak for the next level. None of us are GMs (even though we talk / act like we are LOL), but, I just don't see Uthoff hanging with the NBA crowd.

Would you expect a homer article to suggest anything else? Uthoff looks completely lost in the summer league. There's a reason why he didn't get drafted.

He didn't get drafted because he asked teams not to draft him (late). I watched him last night and he was about the only player on his team playing (team) basketball. Most everyone else was trying to play 1 on 5. There's a place for him on an NBA team that plays team ball IMO...care more about winning than individual stats.

Latest posts