Best wrestler in your lifetime?

Tim Krieger, IowaState. Two time National champion. Runnerup. Fifth place finish. Four time big eight champion. The toughest rider i've ever seen.

Tim Krieger, Iowa State. Four time allamerican. Two time national champion, runnerup, Fifth place finisher. Record, 116-3-2 . Four time big eight champion.

Watching the illinois vs northwestern dual and forgot i had already posted. Time to put the miller light away.

Best wrestler I've seen, regardless of school: Sanderson, no doubt.

Best Hawk I've ever seen: Metcalf.

I don't have a large sample to choose from (I'm just 20 years old), and was never really into wrestling like I am football, baseball, and basketball.

I can't believe no one has brought up Tim Krieger, Iowa State. Four time allamerican. Two time national champion, runnerup, Fifth place finisher. Record, 116-3-2 . Four time big eight champion.

112.jpg

Gable is still #1. No one has dominated like he did. Cael had the advantage of the sport being watered down and many bigger men being lured to football. Gable took any and all comers and did lose one.

Trying to put the Iowa blinders aside; hard to argue against John Smith:

2 national titles
2 Olympic titles
6 World Championships

Tom Brands

3 national titles
1 Olympic title
1 world title

Dan Gable

2 national titles
1 Olympic title
1 world title

Cael Sanderson

4 national titles
1 Olympic title

On the funny side i would have to say Rufus R Jones. The Freight Train for a finishing move was the greatest move next to the Baron's Iron Claw.

I would like to say Ray Brizner, but i can't (loved all the hair under the headgear). I have to say Dan Gable, though i don't remember seeing him wrestle, looking at what he did, and what he has done for wrestling at this point, i don't see how anyone could ever argue against him.

I just recently watched a Ricky Steamboat vs. 'Flyin' Brian Pillman title match from 1980-something. Those guys have to be in the discussion.

Latest posts