Best Streetballers to Play at Iowa?

Having grown up down the street from Slick Rick I'd have to say his street ball skills were legendary. Davenport isn't NYC or Chicago, but there are plenty of street ballers there. He could've put together a highlight reel in dunks and top tier stats at Iowa if he hadn't been a one-n-done.

skip ahead to #1 to see Nash eat a foot.

Had Davis stayed at Iowa 4 years and had his head even remotely on straight he would have left as the greatest player in the history of the program. And been a very good NBA player that would have made some all star appearances. Instead he's remembered like what is in that video. A dunker who was traded all the time because he's a selfish player. And for his unltimate fail on the triple double attempt

I was the meanest streetballer in Washington D.C.
giphy.gif

Doug Thomas.... Get out of that dudes way.
I missed my chance playing pickup game with Doug Thomas. I had a leg injury that year. I made a joke in our class that I can in my old body play him on one and one. we were laughing. I'm glad he's Blackhawk and Hawkeye!
Southeastern Community College Black Hawks I mean....

Ricky was a poor imitation of Connie Hawkins. The Hawk wins this one easily.

Would have been National Champions at least once with Connie. Friend of mine was on the freshman team with Connie. Mentioned that in practice he would race down the court dribbling two basketballs, dunking them one after the other.....

Phenomenal player who was far ahead of the times.....

:cool:

Hey doc, did you ever play against Lynne Lorenzen?
No, Lynn was about 5 years younger than me. I played against her sister Lori, who was also a very good basketball player. In today's game they probably had the skills to beat me but back then it was six on six. Girls could only dribble the ball three times and if you played offense you didn't play defense. It seems crazy now but the way the girls played back then their games were really limited.

Latest posts