Best sporting event/venue

4thngoal

What is the best event/venue you have ever been to?
For me it's the Alamodome. It's been many years ago now, but I got to really check the place out pretty thoroughly. It was quite impressive back in the day.
My time in Iowa City is always pretty short due to having family that lives near by. As is just about any venue, it always seems to be go, and get out almost as fast as possible.

November 22, 2003, at Camp Randall. Iowa down 21-7, vicious hit by Bob Sanders on the Badger QB, not far from our seats at mid-field seemed to ignite the Iowans to the rally. Badgers lose at the end.

If my memory serves me correctly.

Orange Bowl. Wow. 2002 game. It was about 70 degrees at night. I had to keep looking up thining I was in a dome.

We were 2nd deck in the end zone. The seats were fantastic. Saw everything.

By far the best I have ever been.

So many! Miracle pass from Drew Tate, catch in the end zone at MSU for the win, Iowa buries OSU, game at Nebbie for a perfect regular season record, love the Alamo Bowl, Kinnick when we do the wave, a couple of last second field goals resulting in victory, just off the top of my head.

US Bank and TCF are very comfortable with many options available depending on the money you want to spend.

I also liked Raymond James Stadium and Miami Stadium (think it was Landshark Stadium when I went)

Lambeau reminded me of Kinnick if it had an incredible concourse and club seating above the current structure.

Solider Field looks weird but very comfortable and easy to get around. Right on Lake Michigan.

Vegas Golden Knight games at T-Mobile Arena.

Unbelievable atmosphere and the games are top shelf.

Always lots of traveling fans too. They are usually polite and like to "talk hockey." Plus, plenty of Canadians winter in the area and bring some seasoned fans to the games.

Actually loved Heinz field. Felt spacious and great bathroom experiences (compared to Kinnick) Unfortunately had to stomach Jake the Snake at qb and a painful loss

Hawkeye sports event/venue: Rose Bowl ‘91, I was with the band so the experience was incredible.

Other sports event/venue: Game 3, 2016 World Series, first WS game in Wrigley since ‘45, and we were on a rooftop looking over right center. A dream come true (other than the Cubs lost 1-0).

Vegas Golden Knight games at T-Mobile Arena.

Unbelievable atmosphere and the games are top shelf.

Always lots of traveling fans too. They are usually polite and like to "talk hockey." Plus, plenty of Canadians winter in the area and bring some seasoned fans to the games.
What the F is a Vegas Golden Knight?

...and great bathroom experiences
Jesus, dude.

I mean, aren’t you afraid that one of those guys will be an undercover cop? I’d hit Craigslist up for ass before I even considered a crowded, nasty bathroom. But maybe that’s part of the thrill I guess...

I don’t judge. But use protection for god’s sake.

Best sporting event is a three way tie for me: Seeing the Bears beat the Saints to go to the Super Bowl, McNutt catching the game winner in East Lansing, and Iowa absolutely piss pounding Ohio State in 2017.

Best sporting venue is the 1/2 mile 28 degree banked oval in Bristol, TN. That place is amazing. It's back in the mountains just east of Johnson City. 160,000 seats.

Best sporting venue I've been to is US Bank Stadium up in Minneapolis. For sure. Went up there this last fall to watch the Eagles get smoked by the Vikings. We went in pretty early and did a walk around/tour basically. The place is huge and pretty impressive.

Best sporting event I've been to.. now that's a tough one. I would have to go with either the Hawks beat down of the Goophers up in the old shit hole Metrodome in 2002 when they wrapped up the B1G shared title and tore down the goalposts, or the Outback Bowl in Tampa when we shellacked the Gamecocks. Those were both great games to be there for.

Can't sober up if I don't use any intoxicants.

Back to the question, what the F is a Vegas Golden Knight?
It is a reference to West Point, it is an NHL team owned by a graduate of West Point. West Point is the academy for the US Army. The team is in Las Vegas, part of the Pacific Division of the Western Conference. The NHL plays hockey, on ice, with skates, and sticks and a rubber puck you try to put into a net.

It is a reference to West Point, it is an NHL team owned by a graduate of West Point. West Point is the academy for the US Army. The team is in Las Vegas, part of the Pacific Division of the Western Conference. The NHL plays hockey, on ice, with skates, and sticks and a rubber puck you try to put into a net.
Oh...hockey.

Just say ice soccer next time and people will get it.

I know it's a homer thing to say...but Kinnick Stadium in a close, big game with a rival B10 team...and the crowd is into it...is pretty freaking special. Those times when it's so loud your eyes can't focus doesn't happen, or not to me anyway, in other stadiums.

I also have to give props to the TIAA Bank Stadium in Jacksonville. I've been for the Georgia - Florida game a few times. You know, "The Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party" in the world is pretty cool. The partying starts Thursday night and goes right up to game time. It's the only place where the drunkedness rivals Kinnick. The fan set up is pretty cool too...all red for Georgia on one side and blue and orange on the other side for Florida...the stadium is split perfectly in half the way they sell the tickets and it's clear fans don't want to sit in an opposing section and will pay top dollar to sit in their section. Pretty cool venue.

Last edited:

Latest posts