Best Hawkeye Movie

Drexell's Class (two working titles of the show were "Oh No, Not Drexell, and "Shut Up, Kids!") starred Dabney Coleman in the role of Otis Drexell, a fifth-grade teacher at fictional Grantwood Elementary School in Cedar Bluffs, Iowa. In the backstory, it was revealed Drexell was a famous corporate raider who lost a large amount of money on a failed venture, to which he dodged his taxes and was subsequently arrested. At his court case, he was told that he would get a suspended sentence on the basis he work as a teacher in the undermanned school until he pays his back taxes. Drexell is also a divorced man whose two daughters live with him. Besides the bevy of cute kids, the cast also included two antagonists, rival teacher Roscoe Davis (Dakin Matthews) and Principal Francine Itkin (Randy Graff), who was later succeeded by Principal Marylin Ridge (Edie McClurg).

Ton's of IOWA Football references we sent them stuff from the equipment room.
On episode he goes to the bar to watch iowa vs ISU

In one episode, Carl has to check for "religious" items kids might have and notes that a kid has a Hayden Fry T-shirt and remarks, "That's about as close as you can get to God"

It's pretty cool to know that there are a lot of hawks out there in positions to make decisions to put these things in movies/shows, even as obscure as they are.

In the movie How I Got to College, 1989, Laura Flynn Boyle's familty are Michigan fans and a clip of the 1987 Iowa Michigan game is shown.

Who could forget Clare at Z102.9... Remember the Iowa Girl's video?

[video=youtube;3-11uB9mXZw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-11uB9mXZw[/video]

MPW-6283

Here is a great movie staring a "Hawkeye" with a real Hawkeye, Alex Karras having a major role in the film - Paper Lion. I know this dates me, but I read this book when it first came out!

By the way...coolest Hawkeye related line from Can't Buy Me Love...and I'm going by memory so please correct me if I'm wrong.

Ronald talking to Cindy: He's under a lot of pressure...he was a big star here, but at Iowa, he's just another freshman...

Uh, Shane, you're a couple pages late. And the "best" line is from the guy interviewing Bobby: "Good luck with the Hawkeyes, Bobby!"

funny you should mention that. I was about to ask about all the movies and TV shows where ISU is featured.

<crickets>

the only one i have seen is a movie with steve buscemi there is an ISU sticker on a gumball machine in a hardware store. i forget the name but was a very strange movie where his mother is brought back to life and has to eat bugs to stay alive..... also just saw a hawkeye hat in the movie bill and ted's bogus journey

the only one i have seen is a movie with steve buscemi there is an ISU sticker on a gumball machine in a hardware store. i forget the name but was a very strange movie where his mother is brought back to life and has to eat bugs to stay alive.....

I know when I think of ISU, I think of one of the ugliest actors in history, talking to his undead bug-eating mother.

Main character wears various Hawkeye t-shirts throughout the movie:

Never Back Down - Jake Tyler (Sean Faris) has recently moved from Iowa to Orlando, Florida with his mother, Margret (Leslie Hope), and younger brother, Charlie (Wyatt Smith), to support Charlie's shot at a professional tennis career. Jake was a star athlete on the football team at home, but in this new city, he is an outsider with a reputation for being a quick tempered brawler after an internet video of him starting a fight circulates around his new school.

Latest posts